Get, ready shoppers...“Click Frenzy Mayhem” starts tonight
Online shoppers are set to put a dent in their credit cards from 7pm tonight over Click Frenzy Mayhem, an annual mega sale event featuring nearly 2,000 cyberspace deals.
The 24 hour sale with participating Australian household favourites such as Oroton, Peter Alexander and Sheridan will offer discounts unmatched by bricks and mortar stores of up to 90% off.AMEX Connect is also offering eligible cardholders who register before the event extra discounts if they shop at certain stores.
Click Frenzy is based on popular retail days Cyber Monday in the United States and Singles Day in China. Despite a rocky start in 2012 when the two million Australians using the site to snap up a bargain caused it to crash, Click Frenzy has grown to include over 2,500 brands.
Bargain hunters can browse the official Click Frenzy site here.
5 tips for shopping smart online:
1. Before splurging, work out a shopping budget and stick to it.
2. Use the right piece of plastic for your shopping needs. Can you earn extra rewards or loyalty points for choosing a credit, debit card, or score an extended warranty on a purchase because of your card choice?
3. Clarify what you want versus what you need, be the boss of sale shopping.
4. Don’t pay for shipping costs if it’s cheaper just to snap up the same product in-store or on another site with free postage.
5. Read the returns policy before you click “confirm” to ensure that if the product isn’t right you can return it or exchange.