Qantas adds new perks for “Platinum One” Frequent Flyer members
Australian airline Qantas has launched new benefits for its elite “Platinum One” members, including bonus Frequent Flyer points and partner membership.
Qantas Loyalty CEO Lesley Grant described the changes as part of the ongoing evolution of the "Platinum One" tier, designed for the most frequent flyers, who spend as much time in the air as they do on the ground.
“Feedback around the Platinum One tier has been that while the members themselves value the benefits and are always keen for more, they also value the opportunity to share the experiences with a partner."
“This is why we have decided to take it one step further by offering a highly desirable Platinum Qantas Frequent Flyer membership for their domestic partner,” said Grant.
Qantas has also introduced an online mall qantaspoints.com where members can earn up to five points for every dollar spent from retailers.
So what are the juicy additional perks?
1. When you fly with either Qantas or Jetstar in a membership year you’ll receive a bonus 75,000 Qantas Points when you reach 5,000 Status Credits and a further 100,000 Qantas Points when you reach 7,000 Status Credits.
2. Now your spouse or de facto domestic partner can become a “Platinum One” member, which provides access to the Qantas International First Lounges and Domestic Business Lounges.
3. If you’re travelling on a Qantas domestic flexible fare, you can switch to an earlier flight and be waived any fare differential that might be payable at the airport.
4. Book via telephone with QantasBooking and the fee for new eligible commercial bookings will be waived.
5. Swing your golf club with a complimentary Qantas Golf Club Premium membership, when the Qantas Golf Club is expected to be launched this coming summer.
6. Enjoy dining with a double points earn at Qantas Restaurants.
If you’re looking at racking up rewards points head on over to Mozo’s rewards credit card hub here to find the right plastic for your spend.