4 hot energy offers to get you ready for summer
With summer only days away, many Aussies may have already started gearing up for another scorching three months. And between swapping out your bed sheets and picking up some new shorts, switching energy plans might be another thing to add to your to-do list.
But if you’re keen to make the process a little more worthwhile, why not opt for a plan that’s got more than just competitive rates. Whether you’re a rewards lover or are keen to hook up a mate, we’ve rounded up four hot energy offers we think are worth taking a look at.
Everyday Rewards lovers, rejoice! For Aussies looking to get a little bit more out of their energy use, Origin Energy might have just what you’re looking for.
The Origin Energy Origin Go energy plan offers Everyday Reward customers exclusive access to:
- a one-off 5,000 bonus Everyday Rewards points upon sign-up
- collect 1 Everyday Reward point per every $1 charged on your energy supply and usage
- pay no extra for 25% GreenPower to support renewable energy.
For Aussies looking to get a jumpstart on their future travel plans with a healthy points balance, you might want to check out Red Energy and its partnership with the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
New and existing customers who apply or switch to the Qantas Red Saver plan will receive:
- 10,000 bonus Qantas Points when you take out electricity
- 5,000 bonus Qantas Points when you take out gas
- 2 Qantas Points per $1 on every electricity and gas bill, when you pay on time.
Plus, if you apply or switch your plan over before 10 January 2021, you can earn up to 30 bonus Status Credits - that’s 20 Status Credits for electricity and 10 Status Credits for gas.
And the good news is, even if you’re not a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (and you’d like to be), Red Energy will cover the cost of your membership, a saving of $99.50!
If you live in New South Wales and are on the hunt for a deal that’ll make your wallet smile, Energy Australia can help you kickstart summer the right way.
Under the Energy Australia Total Plan, new customers will receive a $75 sign up credit on their first electricity and gas bill. And for added peace of mind, Energy Australia promises not to increase the usage and supply charge during the fixed one year period.
Looking to give your best mate a Christmas gift that’s on the unconventional side? Powershop might have just the thing.
Powershop’s Switch Your Mates for Summer campaign allows new and existing customers to get ready for summer. All you need to do is refer a friend to make the switch over to Powershop before 30 November 2020 and you’ll each receive a $100 bill credit once the transfer is complete!
But even better, once you’re both officially Powershop customers, you’ll then go into the draw to win 1 or 100 $264 super credits. That means if you manage to score both credits, you’ll have a total energy bill credit of $364.
Easy ways to save on your energy bill this summer
For many Aussies rewards perks and limited offers aren’t really their thing, they’re more focused in slashing their energy costs. If this sounds like you, check out Powershop’s top four ways to save on your energy bill:
- Ditch the second fridge - Got a second fridge stashed in your garage? It might be time to call it a day because according to Powershop it could save you $172 a year.
- Switch off - If you plan on spending your summer break with your favourite gaming console, just be sure to always switch it off completely after use. Doing this on the regular could deliver savings of $193 a year.
- Break up with your dryer - Put the summer heat to work by drying your clothes out on the clothesline instead of the dryer. Doing this at least once a week might see your household save $79 annually.
- Treat your shower to a facelift - Given that cold showers will soon become the standard across the country, energy costs are sure to trend downward. However, if you want to really take a stab at your water bill, installing a water-efficient 4-star showerhead could save around $315 a year!
Want to find out how much you could be saving by switching to a better value energy plan, head on over to our energy comparison tool.