How long does it take to transfer money overseas?
Sending money overseas may take several days depending on factors such as:
- which provider you’re using
- what currency you’re using or sending
- and even which day you make your transfer.
So it’s possible that your money transfer can take anywhere from two to five business days (or potentially even longer).
However, popular currencies like the USD or the Euro may qualify for 24-hour international money transfer speeds, but this entirely depends on the provider you choose. Each IMT provider has its own estimated transfer speed, so make sure to do your research before choosing one.
How long does it take to send money overseas using an Australian bank?
You can send money overseas with your regular bank, but it might not necessarily be the fastest. Below are the estimated transfer speeds claimed by the big four.
- Commonwealth: 2 to 5 days
- ANZ: 2 days
- Westpac: 2 banking days, but may take longer
- NAB: 3 days
If you’re looking for faster transfer speeds, consider checking on IMT specialists.
Ready to send money abroad? Scroll below for today’s exchange rates offers for converting AUD to USD. Alternatively, if you want more information, check out our international money transfer guides.
I want to transfer
Today’s foreign exchange rates
- Transact online 24/7 with fast settlement & extremely competitive rates.
- Quick and easy account setup, supports multiple payment methods including debit/credit card, bank transfers and wire transfers.
- Transfer over $250 and receive a $7 coupon. Use Promo code INSTAREM5. T&Cs apply. Offer ends 10th Jan 2024