Velocity Frequent Flyer fans, hold onto your wallets because the points transfer promotion is back and rewards lovers have the chance to earn an extra 25% bonus points on top of their stash.
Aussies with participating credit cards have the chance to score bonus Velocity points when transferring their rewards points from their plastic to their Velocity Frequent Flyer account - though spenders with a pile of ANZ Rewards points can score a massive 50% bonus Velocity points.
In case you’ve forgotten Velocity points can be used for a range of things, like flights or flight upgrades, shopping at the Velocity Frequent Flyer rewards store, car hire and hotel accommodation.
Which rewards programs are eligible?
The good news is, heaps of the big credit card providers and banks are participating, so there’s a good chance you’ll be able to score extra Velocity points. Eligible cards and rewards programs include:
- Amex Membership Rewards - Eligible cards include the American Express Velocity Escape and Velocity Platinum Card
- CommBank Awards - Eligible cards include the Commonwealth Bank Awards, Commonwealth Bank Diamond Award and the Commonwealth Bank Platinum Awards Card
- NAB Rewards - Eligible cards include the NAB Rewards Signature Card
- Westpac Altitude - Eligible cards include the Westpac Altitude Platinum and Westpac Altitude Black Card
- Citi Rewards - Eligible cards include the Citi Signature, the Citi Platinum and Citi Signature Card
- HSBC Rewards Plus - Eligible cards include the HSBC Platinum and HSBC Premier World Mastercard
- Suncorp Bank Rewards - Eligible cards include the Suncorp Clear Options Platinum and Suncorp Clear Options Gold Card
- Bank of Queensland - Eligible cards include the Bank of Queensland Platinum Visa and Bank of Queensland Blue Visa Card
One big exception not participating in the points biltz is the Amplify rewards program belonging to St. George, Bank SA and Bank of Melbourne.
How many bonus Velocity points will I be able to earn?
The number of bonus points you’ll be able to collect will depend on the amount of points you transfer as well as your bank or hotel rewards program. For most programs, transferring:
- 250,000 Velocity points will earn 15% bonus points
- 250,001 - 500,000 Velocity points will earn 20% bonus points
- 500,001 Velocity points will earn 25% bonus points
Those looking to transfer CommBank Awards points will receive 25% bonus points regardless of the transaction amount.
So if you’ve been sitting on a stash of rewards points and want to trade them in for Velocity Frequent Flyer points, now is the perfect time to do it - but move quick, as this promotion ends on May 31 2019.
Or, if you’re thinking of picking up some new plastic to accommodate your travel habits, head on over to our rewards credit card comparison tool or check out some offers below.