ING reports record customer growth on 20th anniversary!
Just as it celebrates 20 years in Australia, a new report released by ING today, shows that the online bank has more than a two decade milestone to shout about. The report revealed that the bank took on a record 423,000 new customers in 2019 alone, making up a total of 2.6 million across the whole of Australia!
The bank revealed that it saw a 9.7% rise in profits from 2018 to 2019 and a 30% rise in the number of Aussies using ING as their main bank.
Mozo’s banking expert Peter Marshall commented, “As a frequent winner of the Mozo Experts Choice Award over the past six years, it’s no surprise to see ING continuing to successfully grow its customer base in Australia.”
In fact, this year ING was awarded four Mozo Experts Choice Awards in the Bank and Savings Accounts category. These awards are conducted year on year by Mozo’s team of data experts, to figure out which Australian banking products really do live up to their fancy advertising campaigns.
Curious to learn more about ING’s award-winning banking products? Here’s a rundown of a few ING products that have been awarded Mozo Experts Choice Awards in the past few years:
ING - Orange Everyday
- 2020 Mozo Experts Choice Award for Exceptional Everyday Account
- No monthly account keeping fees
- No overseas or domestic ATM withdrawal fees
If you’re a big fan of conducting all your banking from your smartphone or your laptop, then ING’s Orange Everyday account might just be a good fit for you. Plus, as long as you deposit at least $1,000 into your account and make a minimum of five card purchases each month, then you’ll be able to use your ING debit card without incurring a fee from the online bank, both in Australia and abroad.
ING - Savings Maximiser
- 2019 Mozo Experts Choice Award for best Regular Saver
- 1.95% p.a. ongoing bonus rate (conditions apply)
- No account fees
Now if you already have an ING Orange Everyday account, then you might want to think about getting an ING Savings Maximiser account to compliment it. With an ongoing bonus interest rate of 1.95% p.a., this account could be a great way to give your savings a boost! This maximum ongoing rate is made up of a 0.25% p.a. base rate and a 1.70% p.a. bonus rate. To achieve the full 1.95% annual interest rate, you’ll have to make sure you deposit at least $1,000 into your linked Orange Everyday Account and make five purchases throughout the month.
ING - Unsecured Personal Loan
- 2019 Mozo Experts Choice Award winner
- Fixed rates from 8.99% p.a. (9.13% p.a. comparison rate^)
- Free extra repayments, plus no exit fee
ING’s Unsecured Personal Loan is yet another banking product from the online bank with a Mozo Experts Choice Award to its name, this time for best Unsecured Personal Loan. It comes with a fixed rate of 8.99% (9.13% comparison rate*) and the option to make extra repayments. Plus there is no exit fee to worry about should you pay off the loan early. Just be mindful that it does come with a $100 upfront fee.
Still on the hunt for an extra-special savings account? If you’re still at a loss as to where to put your savings stash in 2020, why not click over to our savings accounts comparison page to see what else is on offer in Australia right now.
* WARNING: The Comparison Rate combines the lender's interest rate, fees and charges into a single rate to show the true cost of a personal loan. The comparison rates displayed are calculated based on a loan of $30,000 for a term of 5 years or a loan of $10,000 for a term of 3 years as indicated, based on monthly principal and interest repayments, on a secured basis for secured loans and an unsecured basis for unsecured loans. This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may inﬂuence the cost of the loan.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Savings Account Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.