Your guide to Disney+: Prices, shows & more
Disney+: It’s the happiest streaming platform in the world! Whether you’re a die-hard Disney fan or a Marvel maniac – with its massive content library, Disney+ has something for everyone.
If you’re considering getting a subscription and would like to learn more about Disney+, read on:
In this guide:
- What is Disney+?
- How much does Disney+ cost?
- What can I watch on Disney+?
- Where can I watch Disney+?
- What features are available with Disney+?
- How do I sign up for Disney+?
- Are parental controls available on Disney+?
- How much data does Disney+ use?
- What’s new on Disney+ right now?
What is Disney+?
Disney+ is Disney’s official digital movie and television streaming service. Not only is the platform home to all your favourite Disney movies and shows – but it’s where you’ll also find loads of content from Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars™, National Geographic and Star.
How much does Disney+ cost?
A Disney+ subscription costs $11.99 per month or $119.99 annually.
Does Disney+ offer a free trial?
Upon launching, Disney+ initially offered a 7-day free trial. However, this is no longer available (as of 19 June 2020). Keep an eye out though, as this could potentially change in the future!
Can I buy a Disney+ gift card?
Yep, you sure can! You can purchase a 1-year Disney+ gift subscription via the Disney+ website.
Be aware that gift subscriptions cannot be added to existing subscriptions. They can only be redeemed by new subscribers.
What can I watch on Disney+?
On Disney+, you’ll find all the old classic Disney films and Disney Channel throwbacks. On top of this, Disney+ features the entire Skywalker Saga, most of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, plus loads more content – including The Kardashians and The Simpsons.
Where can I watch Disney+?
To watch Disney+, just visit the Disney+ app via a compatible mobile device, web browser, game console, set-top box, and smart TV. Here’s a list of supported and compatible devices.
What features are available with Disney+?
Here are some of the different features that’ll come with your Disney+ subscription:
- Multiple profiles: Up to seven profiles per subscription
- Kids profile: can be used to restrict streaming to kid-friendly content only
- Multiple devices: Stream on up to 4 different devices simultaneously
- Unlimited downloads: via the Disney+ app on up to 10 different smartphones and tablets
- GroupWatch feature: Have a Disney+ party and stream with up to 6 friends
- Up to 4K resolution: with high dynamic range (HDR), using the HDR10 or Dolby Vision formats
- Dolby Digital surround sound & Dolby Atmos: audio formats supported on select programs
- IMAX Enhanced playback: is available with select Marvel movies.
How do I sign up for Disney+?
To sign up for Disney+, head to the Disney+ website and create an account by providing your email address and payment information.
Are parental controls available on Disney+?
Of course – it’s Disney, after all. To ensure your kids steer clear of any mature content on Disney+, you can set a content rating to restrict what content is available on your kids' profile. You can also set a four-digit PIN on your profile to ensure your kids don’t go snooping.
How much data does Disney+ use?
Unlike some other streaming platforms, Disney+ only lets you stream in HD (High Definition) and does not allow you to choose what quality you stream in.
HD streaming requires an internet connection of at least 3Mbps – so to avoid going over your data allowance, be sure to check whether your current internet plan can cater for this before streaming.
If your current plan hasn’t got what it takes, then you might want to run a quick broadband plan comparison to see what else is around and possibly make the switch if you find a better deal.