Car insurance shake up offers driver savings
Something big has been happening in the world of car insurance. The industry has undergone somewhat of a shake-up that could bring exciting new ways to save money and drive better value out of your insurance policy.
In Australia, we’ve seen the launch of innovative new pay as you go car insurance options from Rollin' Insurance and online challenger Kogan enter the market with enticing discounts.
Traditional insurance players like Budget Direct and Virgin Money aren’t resting on their laurels either. They’re offering an online discount of up to 15% to encourage drivers to stop paying the lazy tax for sticking with their current insurance company instead of comparing options at renewal time.
1. Pay month-to-month with no cancellation fees
ROLLiN' Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- Pay for insurance month-to-month, like a subscription, with no cancellation fees
- Mozo Experts Choice Exceptional Value Car Insurance Award Winner 2023^
ROLLiN' is shaking up car insurance with a new pay-as-you-go approach that lets you pay month-to-month without any lock-ins or cancellation fees. So if you don't need to drive for a certain amount of time, you can simply cancel your cover without penalty and pick it back up when required. You'll enjoy 24/7 online claims support and a lifetime guarantee on authorised repairs, plus if you accidentally damage your windscreen, sunroof or window glass, ROLLiN' will fix them for free!
2. Award winning policy and get a discount in first year
Virgin Money Price Saver Comprehensive*
- Save 15% on your first year’s premium when you buy online
- Exceptional Value Insurance Award Winner
This low cost policy from Virgin Money offers a no claim discount up to 15% and plenty of flexible features. You’ll also be taken care of in an emergency, with up to $200 per-day in travel and accommodation costs covered after an accident (maximum $1,000 in total), plus $500 for emergency repairs to get you driving again in the short-term. There’s also hire car cover for 14 days to a maximum cost of $1,000 after a theft or not-at-fault accident. Exceptional Value Insurance Award Winner.^
3. Buy online and get a discount
Budget Direct - Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- 15% online discount on your first year’s premium
- Mozo Experts Choice Value Insurance Provider of the Year - 2023^
Budget Direct is offering drivers a super easy way to save with a 15% discount on your first year’s premium when you purchase a new policy online. You’ll also get tailor-made cover, new-for-old replacement, 24/7 claims, a highly-rated claims service and a hire car if your car happens to be stolen. It takes 2 minutes to get an online quote and see how much you could be saving.
4. Benefit from 24/7 roadside assistance
Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance**
- New-for-old car replacement (within 2 years and 40,000km)
- Emergency roadside assistance included
In an emergency Youi's policy can provide up to $1,000 to cover repairs without an insurance assessment, which can alternatively be spent on accommodation and travel if you’re more than 100km away from home. Emergency roadside assistance is also included as standard. Youi offers new-for-old car replacement and policy holders can get back onto the road after a theft or not-at-fault accident with Youi’s hire car cover (for up to 14 days).
5. Save $75 when you buy online
Australia Post - Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- $75 discount on your first year's premium when you buy online
- Includes cover for anyone who drives your car
Australia Post’s comprehensive car insurance offers generous benefits at competitive premiums. Benefits include cover for anyone who drives your vehicle, 14 days of hire car cover after a not at fault claim, up to $1,000 of personal property cover for items inside your car and up to $1,000 cover for emergency travel and accommodation if you’re more than 100km away from home. Plus, for a limited time you can save $75 when you buy online.
6. Discount for new online applicants
Kogan Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- $125 off new online applications (T&Cs apply)
- New-for-old-car replacement (within 3 years)
- Reasonable car towing and storage costs covered
Kogan Comprehensive Car Insurance brings with it one of the highest level of protection. It covers your vehicle for damage caused in an accident, weather events, fire and theft, plus damage your car causes to other people’s vehicles and property.
When you insure your brand new car with Kogan, if it’s written-off within the first three years and has driven less than 60,000 kms, they’ll replace it with a new car, as well as cover reasonable towing and storage costs in the event of an accident.
Plus, you’ll score a $10 Kogan.com credit when you complete a quote and new applicants get $125 off their policy when they apply online (T&Cs apply). Higher excesses apply to drivers under the age of 25.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the Target Market Determination on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Car Insurance Awards