5 ways to save on your car insurance in 2022
While the world’s attention has been focussed on COVID-19, something big has been happening in the world of car insurance. The industry is undergoing somewhat of a shake-up that could bring exciting new ways to save money and drive better value out of your insurance policy in 2022.
In Australia, we’ve seen the launch of some innovative new pay as you go car insurance options like Huddle as well as a new female-focussed entrant, Stella, that rewards women for being safer drivers. Qantas has entered the car insurance market too, offering competitive premiums and up to 20,000 Qantas Points as a reward for joining.
Traditional insurance players like Budget Direct aren’t resting on their laurels either. They’re offering an online discount of up to 15% to encourage drivers to stop paying the lazy tax for sticking with their current insurance company instead of comparing options at renewal time.
1. Get Qantas Points with your policy
Qantas - Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- Up to 20,000 Qantas Points for joining
- Get a quote in under 2 minutes
Qantas Insurance has launched Australia’s only car insurance with Qantas Points. Depending on the cost of your premium, you’ll get up to 20,000 Qantas Points when you join or switch, and can continue to earn more points per dollar spent on your premium. Other benefits include competitive pricing, options to tailor your cover, lifetime repair guarantee, new for old replacement and 24/7 claims.
2. Buy online and get a discount
Budget Direct - Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- 15% online discount on your first year’s premium
- Mozo Experts Choice Value Insurance Provider of the Year - 2021
Budget Direct is offering drivers a super easy way to save with a 15% discount on your first year’s premium when you purchase a new policy online. You’ll also get tailor-made cover, new-for-old replacement, 24/7 claims, a highly-rated claims service and a hire car if your car happens to be stolen. It takes 2 minutes to get an online quote and see how much you could be saving.
3. Be rewarded for being a woman driver
Stella - Comprehensive Car Insurance**
- Pay less and enjoy No Claim Rewards
- Get a $100 EGift Card when you purchase a new comprehensive policy by 30 June (t&cs apply)
Stella is a game changing new entrant that’s rewarding female drivers for being safer drivers. As a woman, you can sign up for a Stella comprehensive car insurance policy and pay less for being a statistically lower risk driver while still enjoying benefits like theft and accident damage, new car replacement, personal item cover of up to $1,000 and an annual $100 no claim reward. Simply enter your car rego to get a quick quote online in 40 seconds and insured in 4 minutes.
4. Pay as you drive & you could save up to 30%
Huddle - Comprehensive Car Insurance**
- Pay per kilometre and save when you drive less
- 24/7 claims lodgement and new-for-old replacement (under 2 years)
If your car has been gathering more dust than kilometres thanks to remote working during Covid19, this new pay as you drive comprehensive car insurance could save you a bundle. With Huddle, you simply choose the kilometres you think you'll drive this year and buy more kms later if you need them. If you drive less than 15,000 km a year, Huddle's Pay As You Drive Cover could save you up to 30% compared to their regular comprehensive cover. With all this on offer, it's little wonder Huddle won a Mozo Experts Choice Award for Exceptional Value Car Insurance in 2021.
Read more about how we determined the winners of the 2021 Mozo Experts Choice Awards for Car Insurance in our methodology report.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the Target Market Determination on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Car Insurance Awards
5. Pay month-to-month with no cancellation fees
ROLLiN' Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- Pay for insurance month-to-month, like a subscription, with no cancellation fees
- Mozo Experts Choice Exceptional Value Car Insurance Award Winner 2021
ROLLiN' is shaking up car insurance with a new pay-as-you-go approach that lets you pay month-to-month without any lock-ins or cancellation fees. So if you don't need to drive for a certain amount of time, you can simply cancel your cover without penalty and pick it back up when required. You'll enjoy 24/7 online claims support and a lifetime guarantee on authorised repairs, plus if you accidentally damage your windscreen, sunroof or window glass, ROLLiN' will fix them for free!