Car insurance: New players driving ways to save
The world of car insurance is speeding into some serious changes, which could bring exciting new ways to save money and drive better value out of your insurance policy in 2024.
In Australia, we’ve seen the launch of some innovative new pay as you go car insurance options like Rollin' Insurance. These new players could shake up how you do car insurance and see you scoring savings.
Traditional insurers like Budget Direct isn’t resting on their laurels either. They’re offering an online discount of up to 15% to encourage drivers to stop paying the lazy tax for sticking with their current insurance company instead of comparing options at renewal time. Australia Post also has a $75 discount on your policy for the first year when you purchase your policy online.
1. Pay month-to-month with no cancellation fees
ROLLiN' Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- Pay for insurance month-to-month, like a subscription, with no cancellation fees
- Mozo Experts Choice Exceptional Value Car Insurance Award Winner 2023
- 24/7 online claims support
ROLLiN' is shaking up car insurance with a new pay-as-you-go approach that lets you pay month-to-month without any lock-ins or cancellation fees. So if you don't need to drive for a certain amount of time, you can simply cancel your cover without penalty and pick it back up when required. You'll enjoy 24/7 online claims support and a lifetime guarantee on authorised repairs, plus if you accidentally damage your windscreen, sunroof or window glass, ROLLiN' will fix them for free!
2. Benefit from 24/7 roadside assistance
Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance**
- New-for-old car replacement (within 2 years and 40,000km)
- Emergency roadside assistance included
In an emergency Youi's policy can provide up to $1,000 to cover repairs without an insurance assessment, which can alternatively be spent on accommodation and travel if you’re more than 100km away from home. Emergency roadside assistance is also included as standard. Youi offers new-for-old car replacement and policy holders can get back onto the road after a theft or not-at-fault accident with Youi’s hire car cover (for up to 14 days). Youi took home the award for Exceptional Value Senior Driver Insurance.^
3. Buy online and get a discount
Budget Direct - Gold Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- 15% online discount on your first year’s premium
- Mozo Experts Choice Value Insurance Provider of the Year - 2023
Budget Direct is offering drivers a super easy way to save with a 15% discount on your first year’s premium when you purchase a new policy online. You’ll also get tailor-made cover, new-for-old replacement, 24/7 claims, a highly-rated claims service and a hire car if your car happens to be stolen. It takes 2 minutes to get an online quote and see how much you could be saving.
4. Save $75 when you buy your policy online
Australia Post - Comprehensive Car Insurance**
- $75 discount on your first year's premium when you buy online
- Includes cover for anyone who drives your car
Australia Post’s comprehensive car insurance offers generous benefits at competitive premiums. Benefits include cover for anyone who drives your vehicle, 14 days of hire car cover after a not at fault claim, up to $1,000 of personal property cover for items inside your car and up to $1,000 cover for emergency travel and accommodation if you’re more than 100km away from home. Plus, for a limited time you can save $75 when you buy online.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the Target Market Determination on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Car Insurance Awards