1300 Insurance award-winning pet insuranceImportant information on terms, conditions and sub-limits
Whether it’s taking a tumble down the stairs or getting stuck in a peculiar place, our pets love to get themselves into all sorts of trouble. But sometimes our pets hurt more than their pride and wind up taking the trip to the vet.
1300 Insurance knows all too well about the financial toll vet bills can take on the average budget, which is why they developed an accident-only policy to help cover the cost.
And it looks like that policy was a clear winner in the eyes of our expert judges, as it just received a 2021 Mozo Experts Choice Award^.
"If you’re a pet owner, you’re bound to have experienced a scare at least once in your pet’s life, which can often mean forking out on vet bills. 1300 Insurance can help take care of the financial burden, leaving you to focus on making sure your pet gets back on track," said expert judge, Peter Marshall.
"1300 Insurance received an award in the Exceptional Value Accident Cover Pet Insurance category for offering a competitively priced policy, given the level of cover a customer would receive."
About 1300 Insurance
If there’s one thing 1300 Insurance strives for, it’s to make insurance of any kind affordable and easy to access. 1300 Insurance understands how stressful making an insurance claim can be, especially when it comes to your pets, that’s why they keep their premiums low and their benefits high. 1300 Insurance also offers home, car, travel, life and even small business insurance.
To add to this, 1300 Insurance’s Pet Insurance is underwritten by insurance giant The Hollard Insurance Company.
1300 Insurance’s award-winning pet insurance plan
1300 Insurance was the sole winner of the 2021 Mozo Experts Choice Exceptional Value Accident Cover Pet Insurance Award^. For this category, our judges assessed the cheapest policies given the level of cover a customer would receive. So without further ado, let’s jump into 1300 Insurance’s award winning policy.
The Accident-only Pet Insurance policy received a 2021 Mozo Experts Choice Award^ for Exceptional Value Accident Cover Pet Insurance. As the name suggests, this type of insurance covers your pet for injuries they may sustain from a number of accidents, including a motor vehicle accident, spider or snake bites and electrocution. And by having an Accident-only Insurance policy on your side, you could be covered for things like surgery, hospitalisation or even a required consultation. Other need to knows about this policy include:
- Cover for up to 75% of vet bills, up to $10,000 every year
- $0 excess on claims
- Option to use the services of any vet in Australia (other than yourself)
- Up to $500 emergency boarding for your pet if you are hospitalised
However as this is just an accident-only policy, there are a few things that are not covered, some of these include:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Dental care
- Day to day care, like prescription dietary food or vitamins
- Certain treatments, like cell-replacement therapies
- Ambulance fees
- Elective treatments, like desexing
- Your pet being injured through negligence
It’s important to know the ins and outs of every insurance policy you take out, to ensure you won’t ever be left out of pocket. You can do this by heading over to the 1300 Insurance website and having a read through their Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
About the Mozo Experts Choice Awards
For many Aussies, comparing financial products can be overwhelming. That’s where the Mozo Experts Choice Awards^ come in. Every year, our expert judges dive headfirst into a pool of financial products to highlight those that not only provide value for money, but also quality.
This is the third year in a row that our experts have assessed pet insurance plans. For these awards our judges analysed pricing and cover information from 33 different insurance providers. This was then followed by a detailed number crunch, where they gathered quotes for a range of common dog and cat breeds.
So if you’d like to find out more about our other winners, check out our 2021 Mozo Experts Choice Pet Insurance Awards winners page.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the Target Market Determination on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Pet Insurance Awards