AMEX launches “Explorer” credit card for travel lovers
AMEX introduced a new credit card today dubbed “Explorer”, in response to the high number of Australians who frequently board domestic and international flights for short trips.
With the new card, wanderlust customers will have access to $400 worth of travel credit annually and can take advantage of 100,000 reward points if they are not already with AMEX.
“The majority of our card members use their membership rewards points for travel, either to pay for a portion or the entire cost of their holiday,” said Vice President Consumer Products for AMEX Australia & New Zealand, Austin Huntsdale.
“With an accelerated rate to earn points and $400 travel credit each year, we’ve designed the American Express Explorer card for those who want to get to their next holiday sooner.”
Other features built into the Explorer card include travel and rental insurance to cover customers while away, and two entry passes to an exclusive airport lounge at Sydney airport per year. The AMEX Explorer card is also compatible with Android, Apple and Samsung Pay.
Just to recap, here are the key benefits:
- Accelerated rate to earn points (earn up to 2 reward points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases)
- $400 travel credit annually
- Travel, car and rental insurance
- 100,000 rewards points as a new customer, when you spend $1,500 on your card in the first two months (these points can take you to Hong Kong, Singapore, Los Angeles, San Francisco or Queenstown according to AMEX).
2 quick tips to boost your rewards points:
1. Use your card for the majority of purchases you make, if not all (but be sure to always pay your credit card bill in full and on time).
2. Keep tabs on your inbox for special offers, so you don’t miss out when a points offer comes your way.
Want to learn even more about this travel-friendly card? Check out our detailed Explorer card review.