Qudos Bank, previously known as Qantas Credit Union, offers a range of personal loans so whether you’re after a loan for a holiday, a new car or to consolidate debt you’ll find a Qudos loan product suitable. So that you can quickly compare the interest rates and fees to decide which loan will best suit you, we’ve listed the products side by side on this page. You can also click on the product name to learn more details about each personal loan option but if you want to compare Qudos personal loans with other provider loans in the market, head over to our personal loan comparison tool.
Rates and fees verified as correct at 21 January, 2017. Other information correct at the time of writing.
|Product||Interest rate from||Comparison rate from*||Upfront fee|
Car Loan (Up to 5 years old, Variable)
7.09% p.a.based on $30,000
8.59% p.a.based on $30,000
Unsecured Personal Loan (Variable)
11.64% p.a.based on $10,000
* The Comparison Rate combines the lender's interest rate, fees and charges into a single rate to show the true cost of a personal loan. The comparison rates displayed are for the amounts and terms quoted, based on monthly principal and interest repayments, on a secured basis for secured loans and an unsecured basis for unsecured loans, and apply only to these examples. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Full comparison rate schedules are available from lenders. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may inﬂuence the cost of the loan.
† Mozo may receive a payment from financial providers listed on the site. Customer reviews are in no way affected by any commercial relationships Mozo has with providers.
1. Do I have to work at Qantas to apply for a Qudos Personal Loan?
No, Qudos personal loan products are available to all Australians, you don’t have to work at Qantas to be eligible for its range of personal loans. All loans are subject to approval so prior to applying for a personal loan, we recommend that you ensure that your credit history is accurate and you’ve checked the affordability of the loan by crunching some numbers on Mozo’s repayments calculator.
2. Can I get finance on a used car with Qudos?
To be eligible for the Qudos Car Loan or the Qantas Points Car Loan the car can’t be older than 5 years. You’ll still be eligible for Qudos’ standard personal loan if you are buying a car older than 5 years but the interest rate on this loan is higher.
3. How much can I borrow?
It all depends on your personal circumstances and the loan that you choose. The maximum amount you can borrow for a car loan is $100,000 and it’s $25,000 for the standard personal loan. You’ll be able to take the loan out for a period up to 7 years.
A car loan with Qudos can be used for a car, motorbike, caravan or boat.
4. Is there a minimum borrowing amount?
Yes, the personal loan has a minimum of $5000, it’s $10,000 for the car loan and $15,000 for the Qantas Points Car Loan.
5. Are there fees I need to pay on Qudos personal loans?
The good news is that all Qudos personal loan and car loans have no upfront fees. With the Qantas Points Car Loan, because it is a fixed interest rate, you may have to pay early termination fees if you pay the loan out early. If your loan has a variable interest rate, there are no early termination or account keeping fees.
6. Can I choose how frequently I repay my loan?
Yes, with Qudos bank you’ve got the choice of weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
You can also make extra repayments whenever you choose but there isn’t a redraw facility with the loans so before you make any extra repayments be sure that you won’t need to access this money down the track.
7. Do I earn Qantas Points on Qudos personal loans?
You are eligible to earn Qantas points with the Qantas Points Car Loan only. With this loan, you’ll earn 1000 Qantas points for every $1,000 on your loan balance every year. This loan has a higher interest rate and a higher minimum loan amount than the standard Qudos Car Loan so it’s important to weigh up the extra cost in interest versus the value of the points. You can compare the cost of each loan with Mozo’s loan comparison calculator.
8. Do I have to have a deposit saved?
No, when you take out a Qudos personal loan there is no deposit required. However, all loans are subject to credit approval so it is a good idea prior to applying for a loan you budget for the loan amount you want to be approved for, so that you can be sure you can meet the repayments without placing yourself under financial strain.