Qantas Frequent Flyer bonus points offers to scoop up this Christmas
Bit of a sucker for credit card bonus points? Well you’ve come to the right place.
With Christmas around the corner, it’s likely your spending is going to increase, so now could be the perfect time to capitalise on a bonus points offer.
And if Qantas Frequent Flyer is the program for you, there are plenty of options out there.
At the moment, there are over 60 credit cards on the Mozo database that have bonus points offers attached. In most cases, these offers require a new cardholder to spend a certain amount in a selected period of time in order to receive a lump sum of rewards points.
Of those credit cards, 28 have Qantas Frequent Flyer bonus offers: ranging from 15,000 points up to a generous 150,000.
Check out some of these offers below!
Compare Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Cards
NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card
- 130,000 bonus Qantas Points (conditions apply)
- Free Qantas Frequent Flyer Membership
- Reduced annual fee in first year
If you’re all about Qantas Points, then the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature could be the perfect fit for you. This card comes with a generous 130,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 in the first 60 days of holding the card, and keep the account open for over 12 months. Plus, you’ll receive a free Qantas Frequent Flyer membership with this card, where you can earn 1 Qantas Point per dollar (up to $5,000 per month) then 0.5 Qantas Points per dollar (up to $20,000 per month). Just bear in mind, there is a 19.99% purchase rate (21.74% cash advance rate) and a $395 annual fee, which is reduced to $295 in the first year.
American Express Qantas Ultimate Card
- 55,000 bonus Qantas Points (conditions apply)
- $450 annual Qantas Travel Credit
- 2020 Mozo Credit Card Provider of the Year
Looking to boost your Qantas Points count? Say hello to the American Express Ultimate Credit Card. New customers who apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on the card in the first 3 months can snag a juicy 55,000 bonus Qantas Points. Not only that, you can earn 1.25 for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases, or 2.25 points when you purchase Qantas products - points are uncapped and also don’t expire. While there is a 20.74% purchase rate and a $450 annual fee, with this card you’ll receive $450 worth of Qantas Travel Credit which can be spent on domestic travel.
St. George Amplify Platinum (Qantas Frequent Flyer)
- 70,000 bonus Qantas Points (conditions apply)
- 55 interest-free days
- Low $99 annual fee
The St.George Amplify Platinum (Qantas Frequent Flyer) credit card knows a thing or two about bonus points. In fact, it currently offers 70,000 bonus Qantas Points to customers that apply and are approved by 9 February 2021, and spend $1,500 each month for the first 3 months of holding the card. This card also comes with 55 interest-free days on eligible purchases, as well as a low $99 annual fee. Keep in mind, there is a 19.74% purchase rate (21.49% cash advance rate) attached to this card.
How else can I get more Qantas Frequent flyer points?
Along with these great bonus points offers, there are a few more ways to get more bang out of your Christmas shopping buck.
Here are some things you should know:
- Not a Qantas Frequent Flyer right now? For first time cardholders (or those that haven’t had a Qantas Points earning credit card for at least 12 months), Qantas is offering an additional 20,000 bonus Qantas Points on top of any existing offer. You simply need to sign up at qantas.com. (Offer ends 4 January 2021)
- Spend with Qantas. While you may regularly receive between 0.5 and 1.5 points per dollar spent, when you buy Qantas products (or from their partners) you could be earning more than 2 Qantas Points per dollar.
- Use your credit card this Christmas. When buying gifts use your Qantas credit card in order to rack up more points! You must remember to not overspend for the sake of gaining points and to pay down your balance in full to avoid accruing interest on your purchases.
Will my Qantas points expire?
If you prefer to save your points for a bigger international trip you may be asking yourself - when do Qantas points expire?
The answer is: they don’t - as long as you stay active with your points earning or spending.
To ensure you keep your Qantas Points from expiring all you need to do is earn or spend points every 18 months. The 18-month period starts from the last time your account was active and resets each time you earn or spend points.
RELATED ARTICLE: Using a credit card this Christmas? Here's how to avoid a new year debt hangover
Want to check out how other options compare? Head to our frequent flyer rewards card hub for more!
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Credit Card Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.