5 killer EOFY home loan deals
The end of the financial year is fast approaching and lots of Aussies are ready to bag a bargain at the EOFY sales, whether it’s an upgraded laptop, a new set of wheels or that new dishwasher you’ve been coveting for months.
But the savings aren’t just limited to whitegoods and electronics this end of financial year - there’s also some killer home loan deals in the market at the moment that could see Aussies save a tonne on their mortgages. Lenders are discounting rates, waiving fees and even offering cash back and other rewards to entice borrowers.
To help you cash in on the savings, the Mozo Editors have rounded up 5 of the best home loan specials available right now.
NAB - Base Variable Rate Home Loan Special Offer
- 3.69% variable rate special offer (3.73% comparison rate*)
- No annual fee (application fee applies)
- Borrow with a 5% deposit
If you prefer to stick with a big bank, then our pick is the NAB Base Variable Rate Home Loan Special Offer. With a competitive low rate and no ongoing fees to strain your budget, this is a great option for borrowers after a loan of up to $2 million. In terms of features, you’ll have the ability to make free extra repayments and use a redraw facility. This discounted offer is only available to new borrowers and for a limited time, so get in quick!
loans.com.au - Essentials Variable 90
- 3.64% variable rate (3.66% comparison rate*)
- No application or annual fees
- Free extra repayments and redraw facility
Looking for a no fuss mortgage option offering up superb value? Look no further than the Essentials Variable home loan from popular Aussie online lender loans.com.au. With a super low rate, no upfront or ongoing fees and the option to choose weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments, this loan is easy on the hip pocket. You can also opt to split your loan between fixed and variable rates to find the perfect balance between certainty and flexibility.
UBank - UHomeLoan - Discount Offer
- 3.59% variable rate (3.59% comparison rate*)
- No upfront or ongoing fees
- $1,000 cashback on loans over $200k (Apply by 6 August)
Super low rate? Check. No application or annual fees? Check. Handy features like free extra repayments and a redraw facility? Double check. The UBank UHomeloan Discount offer comes with all this great value included. You can also choose a split rate option and your repayment schedule. But there’s more - refinance or take out a new loan of at least $200,000 and you can score a bonus $1,000 cashback.
HSBC - Standard Variable Rate Home Loan
- Discounted 3.69% variable rate (3.70% comparison rate*)
- 100% offset account plus unlimited free redraws
- Your very own dedicated HSBC relationship manager
- Apply by 31 July 2018
The Premier Standard Variable Loan is a brand new offer from HSBC and bursting with value. Not only can you score a discounted interest rate if you apply before 31 July, but the loan also comes with a full offset account, plus other handy features like unlimited free extra repayments and online redraws. You can borrow with as little as a 10% deposit and choose to make repayments monthly, fortnightly or weekly to suit your budget.
Bank Australia - Basic Home Loan Special
- 3.65% variable rate (3.66% comparison rate*)
- No upfront or ongoing fees
- Free extra repayments and redraw
The Bank Australia Basic Home Loan Special is a top value pick for borrowers after a competitive interest rate and some no-frills features. There aren’t any ongoing or upfront fees to blow your budget and you can choose to make repayments monthly, fortnightly or weekly to fit your budget. The features on offer include the chance to make free extra repayments, use a redraw facility and take a repayment holiday of you need to.
Want more great value home loan options? Head over to our home loan comparison table to check them out.
* WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan. The comparison rate displayed is for a secured loan with monthly principal and interest repayments for $150,000 over 25 years.
** Initial monthly repayment figures are estimates only, based on the advertised rate, loan amount and term entered. Rates, fees and charges and therefore the total cost of the loan may vary depending on your loan amount, loan term, and credit history. Actual repayments will depend on your individual circumstances and interest rate changes.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Home Loan Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.