Youi launches car insurance relief package for NSW and Victoria
Car insurance provider Youi is offering discounts to customers in NSW and Victoria who have been impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
New and existing customers will be able to opt-in for a 15% refund on their premiums from August 4, which will be applied for two months (excluding CTP insurance).
Youi chief executive Hugo Schreuder said the company recognises driving behaviour in New South Wales and Victoria has changed, “so offering support to those that have been using their car less is simply the right thing to do.”
“In 2020 we provided more than $15 million of premium relief for our customers that were affected by COVID and we’re committed to once again supporting those that need it,” Schreuder said.
To access the refund, customers can call Youi on 1300 232 176 or visit the website and follow the instructions for online applications.
Youi is also monitoring developments in Queensland, and plans to extend this offer to customers there if driver behaviour and claims trends take the same route as in NSW and Victoria.
If you’re considering a Youi policy, check out their comprehensive car insurance below:
Youi Comprehensive Car Insurance*
- New-for-old-car replacement (within 2 years and 40,000km)
- Emergency roadside assistance included
- Mozo Experts Choice Award Winner^
Youi’s policy features many of the flexible options you may be after at a consistently affordable price, especially when you consider the additional 15% premium refund for NSW and Victorian customers. In an emergency you can access up to $1,000 to cover repairs, or use it for accommodation and travel if you’re more than 100km away from home. Emergency roadside assistance is also included as standard.
Youi also offers new car replacement if your wheels are written off and under two years old (you’ll need to have driven under 40,000km to qualify). There are flexible excess levels to choose from ($400-$2,500) to help you manage your budget while you’re not driving often. If you choose a higher excess, you could see further premium reductions – just remember it may mean you’ll need to pay more in excess when you make a claim before your coverage kicks in.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the Target Market Determination on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Car Insurance Awards
Other insurance support offers during COVID
Broader support measures introduced in 2020 also remain in place for insurance providers backed by IAG, which includes NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI.
The specifics of these support packages differ between providers and policy types across car insurance, cover for businesses and home and contents insurance. Assistance will be tailored to individual customer circumstances, but generally includes:
- Access to temporary premium relief
- Changing annual premium payments to monthly instalments at no extra cost
- Waivers for cancellation and administration fees for customers who cancel policies
- Access to free and confidential phone counselling service
Check the relevant provider website for details on how to access assistance, or call the customer service line.