Home insurance providers who reward good adulting
Adult life seems to be 90% maintenance. Whether it’s keeping up with bills or household care, it’d be nice if someone rewarded – or even noticed – our efforts from time to time. Luckily, some home insurance providers absolutely do.
As a rule of thumb, home insurance providers don’t reimburse claims made due to negligence-related issues, such as burst pipes from old plumbing or the gradual menace of black mould. On the other hand, if you keep your home in good condition and well protected, you’ll be more likely to receive a claim pay out – and enjoy lower premiums.
These providers, however, take rewarding good adulting a step further. From investing in your security to eco-friendly features, these policies offer something worth checking out. (Just be sure to carefully read the product disclosure statement for the full story on each one).
Good luck, fellow grown-ups!
Prevent accidents before they happen
Honey Home & Contents Insurance*
- Get smart sensors worth $250
- Discount up to 8% every year
Key details: The biggest draw of new home insurance provider Honey is its digital innovation. By using technology like AI, Honey says it insures customers in as little as three minutes. It also offers smart sensors valued up to $250 into your home, which could lower your premiums with a discount of up to 8% every year. These sensors monitor for preventable claim incidents like theft, fire, and water damage, then send alerts straight to your smartphone. Useful for avoiding some of adult life’s daily mishaps! For the full terms and conditions, be sure to read the PDS.
Earn Qantas Points
Qantas Home & Contents Insurance*
- Earn up to 20,000 Qantas Points per year (T&Cs)
- 15% new combined policy discount
Key details: Qantas flies high with this combined home and contents insurance policy, offering new sign-ons a 15% combined policy discount and up to 20,000 Qantas Points when they join/switch and spend at least $1,550 on your premiums (other conditions apply). You could also earn up to 2,600 bonus points through using the Qantas Wellbeing app, which gives you little regular wellness checks to do like keeping your gutters clear or meeting your step goals. Check out the PDS for full details and eligibility criteria.
Protect the environment
Huddle Home & Contents Insurance*
- Environmental benefits allowance for rebuilt homes
- Up to 20% new policy discount (T&Cs)
Key details: The crowning glory of this policy is arguably the Environmental Benefits inclusion: if your home needs to be rebuilt after an insurable event and your claim is successful, Huddle could invest up to $5,000 in reasonable costs for green improvement measures to your rebuilt property, including installation of solar panels, greywater recycling, or a rainwater tank. For future-minded homeowners, that’s definitely a perk to draw eyes. Another handy bonus is the sign-up discount of up to 20% when you take out a new combined home and contents insurance policy (conditions apply). Make sure to read the PDS in full.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the Target Market Determination on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Home Insurance Awards