5 festive credit card deals to snap up this Christmas
Christmas is one of the biggest spending seasons of the year, so it might be the perfect time to have a look at the way you do that spending - is your credit card pulling its weight?
If not, you might be in the market for a new offer, complete with all the (jingle) bells and whistles. So here are 5 plastic options that made our nice list this year.
American Express - Explorer® Credit Card
- 100,000 bonus points when you apply online by 7 January 2019 and meet the spend criteria
- $400 Travel Credit each year
- 2 complimentary Amex Lounge passes
Let’s kick this list off with a massive bonus points offer from American Express! The Amex Explorer is bursting with added value for rewards lovers this Christmas. Make sure you apply online before January 7th to snap up the bonus points offer.
Woolworths - Everyday Platinum Credit Card
- $50 Woolies eGift Card when you spend $150 a month for 3 months
- $0 annual fee in the first year ($49 after)
- Save up to $50 on your Woolies shop each month
Are you hosting Christmas lunch this year? Then the Woolworths Everyday Platinum might be the perfect companion for you. You can earn up to 3 points per $1 spent on Woolies branded products, and every 4000 points can be redeemed for a $20 Shopping Card.
Virgin Money - Virgin Australia Velocity High Flyer Card
- Up to 90,000 bonus Velocity Points (minimum spend applies)
- $129 Virgin Australia Gift Voucher each year
- Two Single Entry Virgin Australia domestic Lounge passes
You can bag 30,000 Velocity Points for each month you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months - a nice way to kickstart your 2019 rewards point stash. But hurry - you’ll have to apply for this offer by 31 January.
ANZ - Frequent Flyer Black
- 120,000 Bonus Qantas Points when you spend $7,500 in the first 3 months
- $150 cashback to your new card when you spend $7,500 in the first 3 months
- 75 Bonus Status Credits when you book and travel on two new Qantas flights by 30 June 2019
A generous gift from you to you, the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black is a luxe piece of plastic with plenty of perks for those who like to spend up big. If you’re a dedicated traveller - or want to start in 2019 - make sure you’ve got this card in your carry-on.
Australian Military Bank - Low Rate Visa Credit Card
- 0% interest for 12 months on balance transfers
- $49 annual fee
- Low 11.99% ongoing purchase rate
Last but not least, if your new year resolution is to finally get rid of that lingering credit card debt, check out the Australian Military Bank Low Rate Visa. With 1 year to pay off your transferred balance without paying any interest on it, this piece of plastic could be the perfect start to 2019.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Credit Card Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.