August cashback offers: find the best in borrowing, banking and insurance
Everybody loves a little extra money in their pockets, and cashback offers have been flying through the door with providers looking for enticing ways to reward new customers during the pandemic down-turn.
Many of them are offering generous rewards for things like switching your home loan, opening a new bank account, grabbing a new credit card and even taking out a new car insurance policy.
With cashback offers reaching the thousands, now might be time to consider finding a bargain and being rewarded for doing so. To help you cash-in the bonuses, check out our round-up for this month and see where you could score a little spare change.
Bank of Queensland - Discount Fixed Rate
- 2.29% fixed rate for 2 years (3.52% comparison rate*)
- Free extra repayments up to $5,000 per year
- $2,500 refinance cashback
BOQ is a favourite with borrowers looking to find value outside of the big four banks, and for good reason. The BOQ Discounted Fixed Home Loan lets you can lock in a super low rate while still having the flexibility to pay down your mortgage faster by being able to make free extra repayments of up to $5,000 a year. Plus, you can enjoy a generous $2,500 cashback when you refinance your home loan to BOQ. Minimum loan size $250,000, 80% LVR or less. Apply before 26 September.
Suncorp - Fixed Home Loan Special Offer
- 2.29% fixed rate for 2 years (3.32% comparison rate*)
- Free extra repayments - up to $500 each month
- $2,000 cashback bonus for refinancers
This competitive fixed home loan from Suncorp ticks all the boxes for borrowers looking to save money on their mortgage and enjoy peace of mind over their repayments. Not only do you get the security of an ultra low fixed rate for 2 years, there are no establishment or ongoing fees to pay and refinancers can reap the rewards of a $2,000 cashback simply by applying before 30 September and settling the loan before 29 December 2020. Minimum refinance amount $250,000.
HSBC - Everyday Global Account
- 2% cashback on tap & pay purchases under AU$100
- $100 bonus for new HSBC customers
- Lock in an exchange rate ahead of time
Ideal for everyday banking, the HSBC Everyday Global Account is great for keeping multiple currencies at hand and you’ll receive Everyday Extras if you deposit AU $2,000 per month. With no monthly, transaction or ATM fees, plus a $100 bonus for new HSBC customers and a 2% cashback on tap & pay purchases (conditions apply), this is one account that must be seen to be believed.
Westpac - Low Rate
- 0% balance transfer rate for the first 20 months
- $200 cashback offer (spending criteria applies)
- Great value low ongoing rate
Westpac's Low Rate credit card is all about great value. Featuring a great low ongoing rate and 0% balance transfer offer for 20 months this is one card that is perfect for consolidating debt. Together with a bonus $200 cashback offer and 55 days interest free on purchases made, this is one card worth considering.
Virgin Money - Price Saver Comprehensive*
- Bonus $100 e-Gift card with new policies
- New for old replacement in the first 24 months
- 15% online discount on your first year’s premium
Virgin Money’s Price Saver Comprehensive comes with loads of features to keep you covered on the road. Benefits include a lifetime guarantee on repairs, new for old replacement, and a 15% discount when you book online. And the cherry on the top? You’ll score a $100 e-GIft card with every new policy taken.
* WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan. The comparison rate displayed is for a secured loan with monthly principal and interest repayments for $150,000 over 25 years.
** Initial monthly repayment figures are estimates only, based on the advertised rate, loan amount and term entered. Rates, fees and charges and therefore the total cost of the loan may vary depending on your loan amount, loan term, and credit history. Actual repayments will depend on your individual circumstances and interest rate changes.
*** Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the Target Market Determination on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Home Loan Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.