Qantas Frequent Flyers can now earn points with a Symple personal loan
Today, Melbourne-based online personal loan lender Symple announced its partnership with rewards point giant Qantas Frequent Flyer.
The new move means that from now Symple customers can earn Qantas Points when they are approved for a personal loan. With a cap of 50,000 Qantas Points, new customers are able to earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 borrowed.
This partnership is the first of its kind in Australia, between Qantas and a fintech personal loan lender.
“At Symple, we are continuously looking for new and innovative ways to reinvent the personal lending experience and to offer Australians a better, faster, and more rewarding lending experience,” Symple co-founder and chief executive officer, Bob Belan said.
“In addition to our market-leading interest rates and easy digital application process, our partnership with Qantas allows us to further differentiate Symple’s proposition and offer even more value to our customer base. We are very pleased to be partnering with Qantas — clearly a premium brand and category leader – and we are excited to be working with them closely going forward.”
And according to Qantas, this partnership with Symple Loans gives members a fresh way to earn Qantas Points.
“We’re always evolving and innovating to help our 13 million members earn even more points towards their next dream trip, whether it’s on their groceries, buying petrol, paying bills or now, accessing personal loan services,” Qantas Loyalty chief executive officer, Olivia Wirth said.
So if you’re in the market for a top notch personal loan and want the bonus of earning Qantas Points for your stash, check out the Symple personal loan below …
Symple Personal Loan
- Variable rates from 5.75% (6.47% comparison rate*)
- Earn up to 50,000 Qantas Points
- No upfront or early repayment fee
Looking for a personal loan that gives a little back? Well, the Symple Personal Loan can do just that. Not only does this product come with variable rates that start at a low 5.75% (6.47% comparison rate*) based on a customer’s credit rating, there is also the chance to earn Qantas Points! New customers that are approved for a personal loan with Symple can earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 borrowed (capped at 50,000 points). Loan amounts range from $5,000 to $50,000 and can be paid back over 1 to 7 years. And while Symple customers must be on a monthly repayment schedule, they can also make free extra repayments whenever they want. Just remember, there are no redraws allowed though. With this loan there are no upfront costs or early repayment penalties, instead there is a $10 monthly service fee.
What are some other ways to earn Qantas Points?
- Qantas credit card: An obvious choice to earning Qantas Points is using a rewards credit card that is connected to the Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards program. Right now on the Mozo database there are over 45 of these types of rewards cards on offer.
- Savings or transaction account: Currently on the Mozo database only one savings account comes with the ability to earn Qantas Points, the Qudos Bank Qantas Points Saver Account. Meanwhile, two providers offer transaction accounts attached to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program: Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account and the BOQ Specialist Everyday Plus Account.
- Car loan: Like personal loans, Qantas Frequent Flyer car loans aren’t common. In fact, there is only one option on the Mozo database available right now, the Qudos Bank Qantas Points Car Loan.
- Home loan: There is also an opportunity to earn Qantas Points on a couple of home loans on the Mozo database. Macquarie Bank’s Basic Home Loan comes with a Qantas Frequent Flyer option, as does the Qudos Bank Qantas Points Home Loan.
Want to compare some more personal loan options? Head to our personal loan comparison page!
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Personal Loan Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.