Kogan.com launches the Kogan Money Black Card for Aussie rewards lovers, offering no annual fee and heaps of perks
Listen up, Aussie shoppers! A new rewards card is in town, and it’s offering customers a range of perks, from no annual fee to uncapped points.
Launched today, the Kogan Money Black Card is a partnership between online retailer Kogan and credit card giant Citi, promising to give new customers plenty to get excited about - including a $0 annual fee and, as part of its launch offer, a bonus $300 in Kogan.com Credit if you make $3,000 worth of eligible purchases in the first 90 days from approval.
“The Kogan Money Black Card and the new rewards program launched in conjunction with it provides Aussies with a new Visa credit card with access to rewards that provide unmatched value,” Director of Strategy at Kogan.com, Ross Metherell said.
While Kogan Money Black Card customers can earn 1 rewards point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases, online shoppers have the sweeter end of the deal - cardholders buying items from the comfort of their couch could earn up to 2 points for every dollar spent on Kogan.com (given that it’s a Kogan Exclusive Brand).
What’s more, these rewards points are uncapped and never expire, so the card may be a worthy choice for points hoarders. You’ll be able to redeem the points for eligible purchases made on Kogan.com or for Kogan Money credit card payments.
The Kogan Money Black Card also comes with a complimentary Kogan First Membership (valued at $99 p.a.), which gives customers free shipping without having to reach a minimum purchase amount, and if that product already has free shipping, you’ll be upgraded for free to express delivery.
What about those who have hopped on board the Buy Now Pay Later bandwagon? Worry not, as Kogan Money Black cardholders have the option of choosing Kogan.com’s instalment plan at checkout.
But beyond the rewards card’s bells and whistles, here are some of its more basic features to look out for, including:
- 20.99% p.a. purchase rate
- 55 interest free days on purchases
- 0% balance transfer rate for the first 12 months - which could be helpful to cardholders seeking relief from high interest while they’re trying to pay down their credit card balance; just bear in mind that the balance transfer rate jumps to a high 21.74% p.a. after 12 months
- A poor 3.40% foreign exchange commission - so this may not be the card to pack in your suitcase when heading abroad; instead, a travel-friendly credit card could be a better choice to help you save on foreign currency fees, overseas purchase fees and international ATM fees
- Four free additional cardholders - which means you’ll be able to share your card with your family without having to worry about extra costs
On the hunt for a rewards card that'll suit your needs? Look below for some of the other deals on offer, or head over to our rewards cards comparison table to compare even more rewards cards.
Compare rewards cards - page last updated September 26, 2020
Qantas Discovery Card
Qantas Discovery CardDetails
Rewards Platinum Card
Rewards Platinum CardDetails
Qantas Rewards Premium Card
Qantas Rewards Premium CardDetails
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Rewards Credit Cards Awards
Mozo may receive advertising fees from the financial institutions, issuers of financial or credit products and third party advice providers that are shown on this page. These fees are based on a cost per click, cost per acquisition, or a fixed fee.