October 2021 Financial Checklist
It’s the start of October, which means we’ve officially entered the spooky season! Not to fear, your favourite Financial Checklist is here to help get you through.
1. Get locked & loaded for a Halloween horror movie marathon
There’s no better way to spend Halloween than curling up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn at the ready as you binging through a bunch of horror movie classics.
And what makes it oh-so-much scarier is watching it in HD! But before you do, be sure to check in with your current internet plan first to make sure it allows for high def streaming so you don’t wind up chewing through your data.
2. Avoid any rookie roadtrip traps
With COVID restrictions hopefully about to ease, you might be keen to get out of town. But before you hit the road, first make sure that your car insurance policy is all in order so you can avoid any unexpected surprises.
You might even want to look into getting some roadside assistance while you’re at it. The last thing you’d want is to breakdown in the middle of nowhere and wind up becoming the main character of a horror movie, right? Okay, we kid, we kid! But seriously - it’s better to be safe than sorry!
3. Banish your bad credit
If your crumby credit score is cramping your style, then now’s the time to whip it into shape. There are many things you can do to help heal your credit score 404, but a great place to start is by clearing off any outstanding debt.
If you’ve racked up multiple debts, then you might consider taking out a debt consolidation loan. With a debt consolidation loan, you can merge all your debts into one loan - that way, you’ll only have one interest rate to worry about, as opposed to having to pay interest on each individual debt.
4. Arm yourself with the ultimate secret weapon: The Finance Burrito
If you’re a podcast person (or looking to become one!) and are keen for bite-sized recaps of all the latest finance news, then be sure to check out The Finance Burrito podcast. Here’s what’s been on the agenda lately:
Ep. #42: Your Money News: Uni students are cheating & employees are cashing in while WFH!
Here are some of the juicy finance new topics that you’re fave podcast hosts are unpacking this week:
- Uni students get paid to confess to cheating
- People in the USA are taking advantage of working from home by having two jobs
- Paralympian's getting paid nada for winning a gold medal
Ep. #43: What do you do if Keanu Reeves slides into your DMs & your online shopping parcel hasn't shown up?
- Why Australia Post put a pause on deliveries
- Get your home insurance policy storm-season ready
- Did someone say eight-day work year?! (yes, you read that correctly)
- Has Keanu Reeves slid into your DMs recently? Newsflash: It could be a scam!
Ep. #44: Crazy cash stampedes and borrowers lie on their home loan deeds
In episode #44, get ready to hear all about:
- The rise of liar loans: Why Aussies are embellishing their income statements & telling white lies to secure a mortgage
- New Zealand company promises $100k to an eager crowd in a crazy cash stampede
- Why Apple is being investigated for their monopoly over mobile payments
Ep. #45: Let's talk about how climate change is affecting the property market
Here’s what’s on the menu for episode #45:
- A recent report from the Reserve Bank of Australia has revealed that climate change has directly increased the number of high-risk properties in Australia
- Streaming service war: Providers battle it out for our attention & money
- Find out why Aussies are being encouraged to consume more smashed avo
- 70% of millionaires are worried about leaving too much money for their kids, says The Motley Fool
5. Make savoir-faire your superpower this Libra season
It’s true what they say, you know? That very few can resist a Libras charm. And according to our Mozo Magic 8-ball, by honing in on your natural sense of savoir-faire this year, you could be making some serious leaps in your career, Libra.
The Mozo Magic 8-ball also suggests that you take extra precautions with your finances this year, Librans. Why not download a nifty budgeting and savings app to help track your spending?
That’s all for now, folks! We hope you have a Happy Halloween and eat way too many lollies! We’ll catch you back here next month for your November 2021 Financial Checklist. Until then, you can go check out our life & money hub.