New market-leading fixed home loan rates from Bank of Queensland and Virgin Money
Bank of Queensland and Virgin Money have announced new rock bottom home loan rates on home loans for both owner-occupiers and investors, effective from today.
The rate cuts apply to the 2 and 3 year fixed rate offers from both lenders, which are part of the Bank of Queensland Group, and are available on new home loans of $150,000 for BOQ home loans and $300,000 for Virgin Money home loans.
Bank of Queensland - Discount Fixed Rate
- 3.44% (4.41% comparison rate*) fixed rate for 2 years
- 3.39% (4.41%* comparison rate) fixed rate for 3 years
- Fee extra repayments up to $5,000 p.a.
- $300 application fee and $10 monthly fee apply
Cash in on rock bottom fixed interest rates and the chance to pay your loan off even quicker with free extra repayments up to $5,000 per year with the BOQ Fixed Rate Home Loan. There’s also the option to split your home loan between fixed and variable rates for added flexibility, and so you can take advantage of any future rate cuts on part of your loan.
Read more about the BOQ Fixed Rate Home Loan in our Mozo review.
Virgin Money - First Home Buyer Special Offer Reward Me Fixed 2 Year Rate Home Loan
- 3.44% (4.03% comparison rate*) fixed rate for 2 years
- 3.39% (3.82% comparison rate*) fixed rate for 3 years
- Free extra repayments up to $10,000 p.a.
- $10 monthly service fee applies
Rewards points lovers, pay attention! Not only does the Virgin Money Reward ME Fixed Rate Home Loan come with super competitive low interest rates, you’ll also get the chance to earn 10,000 Velocity Points for every $100,000 you borrow at the start of your loan, then 1,000 Velocity Points every month and 30,000 Velocity Points every 3 years when your loan balance remains above $50,000.
Read more about the Virgin Money Reward ME Fixed Rate Home Loan in our Mozo review.
Lyn McGrath, Group Executive of Retail Banking said, “Our fixed rates are some of the most competitive in the market right now and a great option for people looking to lock in some certainty.”
“We want to partner with customers to realise their home ownership dreams – whether that’s purchasing their first home, or expanding their property portfolio,” she added.
With a potential RBA rate cut right around the corner, many lenders have been preparing for change by cutting fixed rates on their home loan offerings. ING cut rates on it’s Orange Advantage and Mortgage Simplifier home loans earlier this week, following moves by lenders including loans.com.au, Tic:Toc, ME and Mortgage House.
After a super low rate home loan that ticks all your boxes? Compare some hot options in our home loan comparison table.
* WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan. The comparison rate displayed is for a secured loan with monthly principal and interest repayments for $150,000 over 25 years.
** Initial monthly repayment figures are estimates only, based on the advertised rate. You can change the loan amount and term in the input boxes at the top of this table. Rates, fees and charges and therefore the total cost of the loan may vary depending on your loan amount, loan term, and credit history. Actual repayments will depend on your individual circumstances and interest rate changes.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Home Loan Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.