November 2021 Financial Checklist
A pinch and a punch for the first day of the month - it’s November, folks! And lucky for you, we’ve got just the thing to help you get prepped for the Silly Season, which is just right around the corner.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you *drumroll* … your November 2021 Financial Checklist!
1. Catch the tail-end of the Spring property season
Your house-hunting plans might’ve been put on hold thanks to lockdowns, but with restrictions finally starting to ease, now’s the time to fill your calendar with open house inspections and catch the tail-end of the Spring property season.
On that note, be sure to check out our home loan comparison tool to get an idea of what finance options are out there, so you’re ready for when it’s time to seal the deal on your dream home.
2. Bag a bargain on the Xmas shopping this Black Friday
“You better watch out. You better not cry. You better not pout. I’m telling you why. Santa Claus is coming to town!”
It’s nearly the holidays, people! Which means that time’s quickly slipping away to get the Christmas shopping done. Lucky for you, the Black Friday sales are nearly here! That means if you play your cards right, you could bag a bargain while you tick off your gift list.
Moral of the story: never sleep on a sale!
3. “Compare, switch, clap” before you “slip, slop, slap” this summer
Summer’s on its way, which only means one thing: 30°+ days with 99% humidity. Yikes! The only thing that burns more than an Aussie summer is the energy bill burn that follows - double yikes!
Unless you do some prep-work, that is. After all, “prevention is always better than a cure”. A key step in avoiding energy bill shock this summer is to compare energy plans to find a more competitive deal - then make the switch if it’s right for you.
We’ve all heard of “slip, slop, slap,” but this summer, why not give “compare, switch, clap” a crack.
4. Get paid to watch The Simpsons & smash some doughnuts
Here’s a recap of what’s been going on in The Finance Burrito newsroom as of late:
Ep. #46: Is a hamster getting better returns on his investment portfolio than you?
- ASIC issued a warning on social media pump and dump posts
- New crypto regulations emerging in China
- Newsflash: The steampunk vehicles from the set of Mad Max: Fury Road are officially on sale!
Ep. #47: Your Money News: Opening Pandora's Box & a World Coffee Crisis
This week on #YourMoneyNews:
- Thousands of financial records leaked to journalists, exposing the secrets of politicians, billionaires & even criminals
- World coffee shortage: What does it mean for fellow caffeine addicts?
- How you could win $1 million for getting the jab
Ep. #48: (Almost) free land up for grabs in QLD
In episode #48 of The Finance Burrito podcast, get ready for:
- Carmakers skip dealerships and sell straight to customers online
- Borders re-opening, plus, the 411 on COVID cover with travel insurance
- (Almost) free land up for grabs in Queensland
Ep. #49: Brisbane property is set to boom & a 'Finfluencer' is forced to pay a follower
Here’s what’s on the agenda this week:
- New federal payment trial to help women escape domestic violence
- Economists predict that the Brisbane median house price will soon exceed the $1 million mark, thanks to the 2032 Olympic Games.
- ‘Finfluencer’ coughs up $500,000 after losing a court battle over a failed investment.
- Get paid to watch The Simpsons and eat doughnuts!
5. Don’t be afraid to switch & save this Scorpio season
Ahh, Scorpio. You sure do love keeping up with all the latest business trends and market changes. And according to our Mozo Magic 8-ball, this could really come in handy for you this year, Scorpio.
Our mystical Magic 8-ball also suggested that now’s a great time for you to do a quick little audit on all your current financial products to ensure you’re still getting a good deal.
That’s a wrap on this month’s checklist, folks! We’ll see y’all back here next month to unwrap your December 2021 Financial Checklist. For now, go take a look at our life & money hub.