Frequent flyer credit cards seem like a great rewards card deal. But do all the fees and conditions take the 'free' out of 'frequent flyer'?
Travel rewards options
You're typically looking at some or all of the following:
- Points for flights, holiday packages, accommodation, airport parking and car hire
- Partner airlines - bonus points / better deals and discounts with travel partners
- Car rental / hotel partners with bonus points / better deals
- Priority check-in
- Access to airport lounges
- Free upgrades
- Multiple passenger discounts
- Points for travel insurance or free travel insurance
Airline credit cards - how to choose?
Airlines - frequent flyer cards may be affiliated with more than one airline. So if your credit card is sleeping around, make sure it's with airlines that you know, and already use, rather than with companies you've never heard of. Airline points per dollar - Rewards points vary significantly on points earned per dollar spent and points required for flights
Credit interest, annual fees. The usual, in other words
Best frequent flyer credit cards