Bank Australia banking app review
About Bank Australia
Bank Australia recognises that an increasing number of Aussies like their financial institutions to have more of a moral compass, so it’s made responsible banking the cornerstone of its business. This means it invests only in companies that advance social and environmental causes, and as a customer-owned bank its members are the ones that reap the benefits, not shareholders.
Case in point, Bank Australia have been recognised on several occasions for their Mozo Experts Choice Award winning home loans. If it’s bank accounts you’re looking for, however, be sure to check out our Bank Australia bank accounts page.
What does the Bank Australia app do?
The Bank Australia app is exactly what you’d expect from a 2019 Mozo Experts Choice Award Excellent Banking App winner - elegant and simple. It provides users with all the functions you’d want from a banking app, including the ability to check your Bank Australia account balance, transfer money between accounts, pay bills, and make international transfers. But there’s much more on offer.
Bank Australia customers can also connect their mobile number or email address to PayID, allowing them to make fast, secure payments with ease. And if you’re wondering about Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, all three are available.
Image: The Bank Australia mobile banking app for Android
Features we love
The app is simple and easy to use, and its dashboard makes prominent use of Australian outback scenery, for all you landscape lovers out there. As for the features, there’s plenty to get excited about:
- The app supports Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
- You can customise the length of session times before auto-logout kicks in.
- You can opt to receive alerts each time you use your card, receive a payment, and approach a balance threshold.
- You can notify Bank Australia if you’re heading overseas so they can keep an eye on your card activity.
- The app can locate and provide directions to the nearest branch.
- You can view and manage eStatements.
- Calculators are available to help you keep on top of your finances.
- PayID is available, so you can quickly send and receive payments.
- You can also manage your cards, whether that’s activating new cards, changing PINs, or reporting lost or stolen ones.
We’re not so hot on…
Currently, you can’t sign up for an account with Bank Australia through the app, so anyone looking to join will have to go through the usual avenues, such as calling up the bank, visiting a branch, or visiting the Bank Australia website.
Other banking app reviews by Mozo
Interested in seeing how the Bank Australia app compares to other great bankings apps? Have a read through our reviews of the Bendigo Bank or CommBank apps, or head on over to our Fintech Hub for other reviews and the latest banking technology news.