RACQ award-winning pet insuranceImportant information on terms, conditions and sub-limits
Whether indoors or in the backyard, our pets love a little mischief. But playful monkey business can cause accidents, and sometimes a trip to the vet might be in order.
RACQ is here to help Queenslanders keep their pets happy and healthy with their specialised pet insurance.
RACQ took home two 2022 Mozo Experts Choice Awards for Pet Insurance^ award for Exceptional Quality Pet Insurance.
RACQ has a 100-year track record in supporting Queenslanders, with its long history of providing car insurance along with services like roadside assistance. As a community-based insurance company owned by members to benefit members, RACQ now offers a long line of insurance products including life insurance, health insurance, home insurance and of course pet insurance.
About RACQ’s Mozo Experts Choice Award wins
RACQ’s Pet Insurance and Pet Insurance + TLC Cover both took titles for Exceptional Quality Pet Insurance in the Mozo Experts Choice Awards^ this year.
The Mozo judges based their decision on the generosity of benefits and the flexibility included in a pet insurance policy. If you’re interested in the specifics of the 2022 Mozo Experts Choice Awards criteria, including the 14 factors which the policies were measured against, check out the methodology report here.
Find out about their award-winning pet insurance below:
RACQ Pet Insurance Cover*
This policy offers all the basic benefits you’d expect for dog and cat owners. The features included in this standard policy include:
- Coverage for up to 80% of eligible vet bills
- $12,000 annual benefit limit
- $300 worth of annual vet consultations
- $1,000 worth of emergency boarding
- Cover for illness and injury
- $100 bonus for things like vaccinations, flea control, etc
- Your choice of $0, $100 or $200 excess to pay
- $50 discount per pet when you purchase online (max $200 discount)
- 5% discount each eligible policy with three or more RACQ insurance policies.
RACQ Pet Insurance + TLC Cover*
This policy offers all the basic benefits mentioned above with additional cover for things like:
- Teeth cleaning
- Prescription food
- Heartworm prevention
- Health check-ups
With every insurance policy you take out, it is imperative you read the fine print to ensure you’re covered for the things you need, and not paying for things you don’t want. You can do this by heading over to the Petinsurance.com.au website and having a read through their Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
About the Mozo Experts Choice Awards
For many Australians, picking financial products that suit your needs can be a time-consuming process – and not always easy. That’s why the Mozo Experts Choice Awards^ exist.
Every year, our Mozo experts dive head-first into the ocean of insurance, loan, mobile, broadband, and banking products to fish out some of the best of the best financial products available in our database.
With this year’s Pet Insurance awards, the focus was on showcasing exceptional value and exceptional quality across a range of 131 policies from 32 insurance providers, of which 21 awards were bestowed across our 10 winners. If you’d like to find out more about the other winners or our judging process, check out our methodology report at the Mozo Experts Choice Pet Insurance Awards winners page.
*Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
* Terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits may apply to any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. These terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits could affect the level of benefits and cover available under any of the insurance products shown on the Mozo website. Please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and the Target Market Determination on the provider's website for further information before making any decisions about an insurance product.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Pet Insurance Awards