Beyond Bank banking app review
About Beyond Bank
Beyond Bank really knows how to stand out from the pack. Formerly known as Community CPS, Beyond Bank is one of the biggest 100% customer-owned banks in Australia. With over 46 branches and 3,000 ATMs across the country Beyond Bank offers a competitive range of banking and financial services, including bank accounts, home loans, credit cards, savings accounts, term deposits, and personal loans.
To check out their full range of products on offer, head over to our Beyond Bank product page.
What does the Beyond Bank app do?
There’s nothing quite like a bank that goes above and beyond, and the same goes for the Beyond Bank app. That's why it was judged a winner in the 2019 Mozo Experts Choice Awards for Best Banking App!
With quick access to your account balance and personalised alerts and updates, these management and saving features are just the start of the hot list of benefits that come with the app.
But the app does much more, it also allows customers to use instant transactions like PayID and pay with mobile to send and receive money in minutes.
Image: The Beyond Bank mobile banking app for Android
Features we love
The Beyond Bank app has features that make it easier, simpler and faster for Aussies to bank online. Hence why it was recognised in the 2019 Mozo Experts Choice awards.
One of its stand-out features is the customised communication through the app, which has personalised alerts and updates that let you know if you’re near your balance limit or when particular payments or purchases are made. Allowing you to keep on top of your banking anywhere, anytime.
Another cool thing about the app is its travel section for frequent flyers. This is a handy tool for savvy travellers to access foreign cash, MasterCard cash passports or travel insurance. Plus, you can let Beyond Bank know when you’re heading overseas and they’ll monitor your Visa card- that way you can avoid any confusion if the app red flags your account when you leave Australia.
And those are just some of the Beyond Bank app’s great features, check out the rest:
- If convenience is your thing, you can find and open a new Beyond Bank account in as little as one minute through the app.
- PayID, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay are all available as payment options through the app.
- You can view your transactions as clear icons, so you’ll know where your money’s going if you’re balling on a budget.
- The app makes it just as easy to complete international transfers and payments as it is to make local transfers.
- You can log on to the app using Touch ID and Fingerprint authentication on compatible devices.
- Set up, edit or cancel scheduled payments like household bills through the app and stay on top of your payments.
- You can discuss your account needs through a secure messaging system within the app.
- The app has a great range of calculators to help you with everything from budget planning, tax income to home loan repayments and more!
We’re not so hot on…
Although the Beyond Bank app is regularly updated, a more comprehensive spend tracker that categorises your transactions could be a helpful feature for Aussies looking to keep track of their spending habits.