Defence Bank banking app review
About Defence Bank
Defence Bank is one of Australia’s largest member-owned banks, catering not just to Australian Defence Force personnel but the wider Australian public. And since it’s owned by members, it reinvest its profits to make the experience that much better for the people that use it every day. What’s more, it runs several community outreach programs and support services for ill and injured servicepeople, so you know that it’s committed to the community. Check out our Defence Bank bank account page for an idea of what they offer.
What does the Defence Bank app do?
The Defence Bank app makes managing your money a smooth and stress-free experience. What more would you expect from a 2019 Mozo Experts Choice Award Excellent Banking App winner?
Not only can you check your balance without logging in, you can quickly and easily transfer between accounts, pay bills, and send money to other people. PayID is also available if you want to fast-track sending and receiving funds.
Image: The Defence Bank mobile banking app for Android
Features we love
So when it really comes down to it, how does the app perform? Well the good news is that the Defence Bank app is packed full of useful features to make mobile banking a breeze. Here are some of our favourites:
- You can log in using your fingerprint on compatible devices.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay are all supported.
- You can easily report lost or stolen cards.
- Let Defence Bank know you’re heading overseas and they’ll monitor your card for you.
- You can view account balances without having to log in with Quick Balance.
- There’s the option to receive alerts each time you spend using your card.
- All your cards can easily be managed in-app.
- You can also use the app to locate nearby branches and ATMs.
We’re not so hot on…
While the app was designed mostly to allow you to manage your money online, it could benefit from some added features. A spend tracker would come in handy for users who want a more detailed overview of where their money is going each month.
Other banking app reviews by Mozo
Don't stop there though. If you're ready to compare even more great apps why not start with our reviews of the Beyond Bank and ING apps, or check out the Mozo Fintech Hub for the latest news and a heap of handy guides on everything fintech.