Get Christmas ready with these 4 great personal loan deals
With December only days away, stores around the country are about to get a whole lot busier. But with budgets getting tighter and wishlists growing, many Aussies might be looking for alternative ways to help cover the cost of Christmas.
One way to keep costs low might be to take out a personal loan rather than using a credit card. Personal loans usually have lower interest rates and set repayments, which are easier to manage and work into your monthly budget.
So if you’re prepared to get Christmas ready with a personal loan, kickstart your search with these five great deals below.
ANZ - Unsecured Personal Loan
- Fixed 12.45% interest rate (13.32% comparison rate ^^)
- Loan protection insurance available
- Easy ANZ Internet Banking
If you prefer to have all your finances managed by a big bank, why not try the ANZ Unsecured Personal Loan? Offering a fixed rate of 12.45% (13.32% comparison rate), you’ll be able take comfort in always having the same monthly repayment amount. Loan protection insurance is also available with this loan, which can help cover your repayments if you were to suffer sickness, injury or unemployment. And since this loan is unsecured, you won’t have to worry about offering up an asset as security.
Australian Military Bank - Unsecured Personal Loan
- Variable interest rates from 7.88% (8.72% comparison rate ^^)
- No exit fee
- Extra repayments and redraw available
Be rewarded for your top credit history with the Australian Military Bank Unsecured Personal Loan - Excellent Credit. If you’ve got excellent credit, you could have access to the low 7.88% variable rate (8.72% comparison rate ^^). And if you’re thinking of making more than the monthly repayment, you’re in luck, as this loan offers free extra repayments as well as a redraw facility. There’s also no exit fee, so if you do decide to pay out your loan early, you won’t have to worry about any extra charges.
ME - Personal Loan
- Fixed 10.98% interest rate (11.35% comparison rate ^^)
- No ongoing or exit fees
- Free extra repayments
If you like to keep things simple, take a look at the ME Bank Personal Loan. This unsecured personal loan features a fixed 10.98% rate (11.35% comparison rate ^^), giving you peace of mind in always knowing your repayment amount. There’s also no ongoing or exit fees, only the one-off upfront fee of $250. And with the option to make free extra repayments, you’ll be on your way to getting out of debt fast.
RACQ Bank - Unsecured Personal Loan
- Variable 12.95% interest rate (13.25% comparison rate ^^)
- No ongoing or exit fees
- RACQ member discounts available
If you’re a Queenslander, you need to check out the RACQ Unsecured Personal Loan. There’s a 12.95% variable interest rate on offer, plus no ongoing or exit fees. Not only is there a simple, online application process and unlimited extra repayments available, you’ll also have the flexibility to make your repayments on a schedule that suits you best. And if you’re an RACQ member, there are also a few discounts up for grabs!
But if you’d like to compare more options, you can check out our personal loan comparison tool.
* WARNING: The Comparison Rate combines the lender's interest rate, fees and charges into a single rate to show the true cost of a personal loan. The comparison rates displayed are calculated based on a loan of $30,000 for a term of 5 years or a loan of $10,000 for a term of 3 years as indicated, based on monthly principal and interest repayments, on a secured basis for secured loans and an unsecured basis for unsecured loans. This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may inﬂuence the cost of the loan.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Personal Loan Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.