8 online shops offering fast delivery in Australia
Waiting for your online orders to arrive can be frustrating, especially when you need your purchases by a certain date. Here are some of the shops offering the fastest delivery in Australia.
Delivery speed often depends on where you live, with most shops only offering same day delivery to metro areas or certain suburbs. Many stores also charge a fee to get priority shipping, the average being about $15 for same day delivery.
8 online shops with fast delivery
- The Iconic: The Iconic has a wide range of products including clothes, shoes and accessories for men, women and children as well as a variety of gifts and sportswear. This major retailer offers sale day delivery to Sydney Metro areas on orders placed before 2pm on Monday - Saturday. This costs $14.95 for orders $50 and over, or $16.95 for orders under $50. If you don’t need same day delivery, it is cheaper to get next day delivery for only $3.95 for orders over $50 or $10.95 for orders $50 and under.
- David Jones: David Jones offers same day delivery on orders placed before 12pm for a flat rate of $15 (complimentary for David Jones American Express Platinum Card Members). This service is available in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney metropolitan areas.
- Dan Murphy's: Need alcohol delivered ASAP? Liquor store Dan Murphy’s offers delivery within 2 hours if you order between 9am-5pm and pay $15. This service is available in selected metro areas and you have to be home to accept the delivery and show ID to the driver, otherwise your order will be returned to the nearest store. Alternatively, you can choose a convenient 2 hour window for delivery in the next 7 days after placing your order.
- Amazon: You can buy (almost) anything from Amazon and the best part is, Amazon offers free same day delivery on eligible items for Amazon Prime members. Not a Prime member? Don't worry, you can sign up and get a 30 day free trial! If you like it, the membership only costs $9.99 per month after the free trial ends.
- Big W: Need something from Big W ASAP? Big W offers same day delivery (by 9pm) on orders placed before 12pm in selected areas for $15.90.
- Booktopia: Keen to get your hands on a new book? Bookstore Booktopia offers express shipping for $14.95. If you order by 1.30pm, your delivery will arrive the next business day for postcodes covered by Australia Post’s Express Post Delivery Network.
- Sephora: Run out of your favourite makeup or skincare? Beauty company Sephora offers express delivery (1-2 days in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane metropolitan areas) for $13 on orders below $65 and $7 for orders $65 and above.
- BWS: BWS is another alcohol shop that offers same day delivery to selected metro areas. On orders $30 and over, same day delivery cost is $10 (up to 10 boxes per order). BWS also allows you to schedule your order up to 7 days in advance; you can select a time and date and they will deliver within 60 minutes of the selected time. The person who placed the order will have to be home to accept it and provide ID. BWS also allows you to track your delivery in real time!
Here’s a ranking of these shops determined by price and delivery time
- Amazon: Free same day or express shipping for Prime Members
- BWS: Same day delivery for $10
- Dan Murphy's: Same day delivery for $15
- David Jones: Same day delivery for $15
- The Iconic: Same day delivery for $14.95 on orders priced $50 and over or $16.95 for orders under $50
- Big W: Same day delivery for $15.90
- Sephora: Express shipping for $13 on orders below $65 or $7 for orders $65 or above
- Booktopia: Express shipping for $14.95
(Delivery times can vary depending on a variety of factors including weather conditions and the area you live. To get the most up to date and reliable information, check the individual store’s delivery policies and T&Cs and make sure your area is eligible for same day or express delivery before placing an order.)
For more online shopping information, check out our online shopping hub.