Community First Credit Union’s Green Loan is grabbing attention in the green personal loan space
Community First Credit Union’s Green Loan is grabbing lots of attention in the green personal loan space. With ultra-competitive variable rates from 3.99% p.a. (4.99% p.a. comparison rate*), it’s no wonder people looking for eco-friendly funding are turning to Community First Credit Union.
Community First Credit Union Green Loan offers low interest rates as well as additional features that are not always available with a green loan, so you can use your money your way. Here’s what you can expect from a Community First Credit Union Green Loan:
- Super low variable interest rates: The Community First Credit Union Green Loan offers one of the lowest personal loan variable starting rates available in the Mozo database, at 3.99% p.a. (4.99% p.a. comparison rate*). So, you can make smart choices for the planet and your wallet.
- Unsecured: It’s an unsecured loan, which means you don’t need to put up any collateral against it. So, there’s no risk of potentially losing your car, house or any other expensive assets.
- Fab features: On top of great rates, the Community First Credit Union Green Loan comes with loads of other features, such as a fast online application, free extra repayments, flexible repayment terms, plus a free redraw facility so you can withdraw on those extra repayments should you ever need that money back.
What can I use my Community First Credit Union Green Loan for?
Green renovations are becoming more and more of a priority for Australian homeowners. The problem is, whether it’s installing solar panels on the roof or some double glazing on the windows, eco-friendly home improvements don’t come cheap.
This is where a green personal loan with competitive rates and attractive features comes in handy.
A Community First Credit Union Green Loan covers:
- Solar hot water systems
- Solar panels Insulation
- Split system, evaporative cooler or high star rated, zoned air conditioner
- Solar pool heater
- External awnings
- Rainwater tanks
- Double glazing
- Photovoltaic (PV) panels and systems
- Greywater treatment system
- Energy-efficient white goods and appliances
- Gas, solar, hydronic or reverse cycle air conditioners with a minimum 4 star rating
- Highly efficient electric heaters (minimum 5 stars) or solar, hydronic or heat pump system
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) lighting
- Home ventilation systems
- Vertical axis wind turbine
Community First Credit Union Green Loan is not alone in offering competitive personal loans for eco-friendly home improvement projects. So, if you’re looking to fund your green reno, you might be interested in looking at Community First Credit Union's Green Loan as well as some of the other green personal loans we’ve wrapped up below.
Green personal loans
Community First Credit Union Green Loan
- 3.99% p.a. (4.99% p.a. comparison rate*)
- Free redraw facility
- Flexible repayment terms
The Community First Credit Union Green Loan could be what you need for that eco-friendly home upgrade. You can rest assured that you are doing good for the planet and your wallet, with a low variable rate starting at 3.99% p.a. (4.99% p.a. comparison rate*), depending on loan terms and amount. Borrowers can take out loans between $1,000 to $50,000. With this product, customers can pay back their debt on a weekly or monthly basis as well as make free extra repayments too. There is also no fee for customers who repay their loans early. Additionally, this loan does have a redraw facility, so you can withdraw additional funds if needed. However, borrowers should keep in mind that there is a $195 application fee and $10 monthly fee with the Community First Credit Union Green Loan.
Handypay Green Loan
- 5.89% p.a. fixed rate (7.58% p.a. comparison rate*)
- No early repayment penalty
- Extra repayments allowed
Whether you’re adding solar panels or installing a rainwater tank, the Handypay Green Loan could help with your eco-friendly home improvement. Handypay specialises in home renovation loans, and with it’s Green Loan option it offers a low 5.89% p.a. fixed rate (7.58% p.a. comparison rate*) on loans between $2,001 and $75,000. With this product, customers can pay back their debt on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis as well as make free extra repayments. And the good news is, for customers that pay off their balance early, there is no hefty penalty for doing so. However, there are no redraws allowed on this loan and there’s a $250 application fee to be mindful of too.
Australian Military Bank Unsecured Green Loan
- 4.15% p.a. variable rate (5.09% p.a. comparison rate*)
- Mozo Experts Choice Awards^ Provider of the Year 2021
- Flexible repayment options
Australian Military Bank’s Unsecured Green Loan could be a good option for customers looking to fund green domestic energy products in their home - from solar panels to water recycling systems to energy efficient heating and cooling. This loan comes with a competitive variable rate of 4.15% p.a. (5.09% p.a. comparison rate*) and loan amounts ranging from $4,000 to $40,000. Customers can make free extra repayments on their loan whenever they want, on top of their flexible regular weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments. There is also no early repayment penalty either for those that pay off their debt ahead of time. Just remember, there is no redraw facility attached to this loan. Plus, there are a few fees to be wary of, like the $150 upfront application fee and ongoing $10 monthly service fee.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice Personal Loan Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.