The 4 quick and essential things to seek in an international money transfer provider
If you are one of the 7.6 million Aussie immigrant population who sends money to friends and family on a regular basis, then you’re probably familiar with international money transfers (IMTs). But you don’t have to be an immigrant to send money overseas.
There are many reasons why you could send money abroad:
- Helping with a medical emergency
- Paying tuition fees
- Purchasing land or property
- Investing in an international business
- Giving a gift to someone
- Retiring somewhere abroad
When sending money overseas, most people opt to use an IMT service. This could be through your bank, a foreign currency transfer specialist or a standard wire.
With so many IMT service options providers out there, if you’re new to sending money internationally it can be a bit intimidating to pick one without worrying about the risk of getting scammed. International money transfer provider WorldRemit, who has been operating since 2009, has outlined its 4 key recommendations for anyone looking to choose an overseas money transfer service
- Check that they are government regulated: When looking at IMT companies make sure they are regulated and authorised by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC). To check if a company is ASIC approved you can search the business on the ASIC hub. All the IMT providers on Mozo are ASIC approved.
- Do they provide customer support?: If you ever run into any issues it is always good to have easy access to a customer support team. If the IMT provider you’re looking at doesn’t provide any support, maybe give them a pass.
- Have they got good reviews?: Just like you check reviews for a product before you buy it, you should do the same for money transfer providers. Reviews can also give you a good insight on how good the customer support is…or how bad.
- Will it be fast and simple to use?: Sending money overseas should not be complicated. Most IMT services are easy to use and you could be making your first transfer soon after you sign up.
If you don’t know where to start when searching for IMT specialists check out the IMT winners of the Mozo Expert Choice Awards. If you want to learn more about sending money overseas check out our IMT guides.
I want to transfer
Today’s foreign exchange rates
- Excellent exchange rates, no transfer fees
- 24/7 transfers online or over the phone
- Personal account management and expert insights
- Fully regulated, Australian-based team on hand
- Secure transfer using proven and reliable banking networks
- Provides dedicated account management support
- Fee Free transfers over $250 AUD ongoing
- 24/7 Service (Phone & Online)
- Great Rates with Fast and Secure transfers
$500 monthly minimum for regular transfers
- Get $60 off on your first two transactions and zero fees with InstaReM, use code MOZO60 (ends Jan 31, 2022)
- Transact online 24/7 with fast settlement and extremely competitive rates
- Quick and easy account setup
- XE is the world's trusted currency authority used by 280+ million people a year
- XE dealers are licensed and authorised to provide financial advice
- XE money transfer specialise in payments above AUD $20,000
- New customers get 5 free transfers
- Fast, secure transfers, up to 8x cheaper than the banks
- Join over 180,00 customers today
- 90% of transfers settled on the same day. Remainder completed on the following day.
- Reviewed as “Excellent” on Trustpilot.
- First Payment is FREE
- Always get the real mid-market exchange rate and low transparent fees.
- Join over 5 million customers worldwide
- Over 80% of transfers arrive by the next day.
* The exchange rates offered by each provider are indicative exchange rates that have either been supplied by each provider or gathered by Mozo. Exchange rates fluctuate constantly and as a consequence the exchange rates listed here may vary to the actual exchange rate you are quoted by a provider. Please ensure you confirm the actual exchange rate with the relevant provider prior to conducting any transaction. These exchange rates are updated every hour.
^See information about the Mozo Experts Choice International Money Transfer Awards
Mozo provides general product information. We don't consider your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and we aren't recommending any specific product to you. You should make your own decision after reading the PDS or offer documentation, or seeking independent advice.
While we pride ourselves on covering a wide range of products, we don't cover every product in the market. If you decide to apply for a product through our website, you will be dealing directly with the provider of that product and not with Mozo.