What are Aussies buying this EOFY and how you can make the most out of the sales
Despite cost of living pressures, eBay Australia has found that 1 in 5 Aussies are still prioritising spending money on things they are passionate about.
If you are planning to spend money on non essential items, the best time to do it is during big sales events so you can make the most of discounts.
With End of Financial Year Sales running from now until the end of June, now is the perfect time to indulge and finally buy the things you’ve had your eye on all year.
What are Aussies buying this EOFY?
According to eBay’s findings, these are the top things Aussies are planning to invest in this End of Financial Year.
- Home and office upgrades including tables and desks
- Holiday and travel items including suitcases and travel pillows
- Baking and cooking items such as air fryers and cake toppers
eBay has also found that Aussies are planning on spending more than ever this year, with 35% of people indicating they will spend $500 or more on EOFY sales.
How to make the most of the sales
Here are some tips on how to shop smarter during the EOFY sale period:
- Check your budget so you know how much you can afford to spend
- Make a list of what you want to buy and stick to it to avoid unnecessary purchases
- Keep receipts for anything that could be tax deductible
- Shop around before buying something to make sure you’re getting the best deal
- Make the most of discount codes to reduce prices even more
To find out what’s on sale, head over to our End of Financial Year Sale Hub and start shopping! And if you’d rather store up your funds for the next sales event, be sure that you park your cash in a high interest savings account to earn bonus interest.