Instant personal loans
There’s a red hot deal on your dream holiday destination, the wheels you have been eyeing off for years are surprisingly on sale or maybe your washing machine has suddenly carked it. Whatever the situation, you may need money quick smart and this is where an instant personal loan can help you out.
By the term instant personal loans, Mozo is referring to three different types; instant cash transfers, instant online loan approvals and same day funding. Instant cash loans are also known as payday loans, Mozo does not endorse these lenders. So if you’re looking for a payday lender than this page isn’t for you but click here to learn what Mozo has to say about them.
Start your comparison now with our top loans below.
What loan options are there for instant money?
When you find yourself in a predicament needing money in a hurry and require a quick turnaround for a loan approval there are plenty of lenders to turn to. Some lenders not only offer instant online personal loan approvals but a few can even transfer the funds into your account the very same day!
Here is a list of loan options, where applying online is fast and simple:
- Bank loan:Banks are profit making financial institutions that offer secured and unsecured loans with either fixed or variable interest rates. You can apply for most bank loans online. Commonwealth Bank and NAB even offer same day funding to new and existing customers. Learn more about bank loans and be sure to choose a loan that suits your needs and financial situation.
- Credit Union: These are non-profit and smaller financial institutions that offer competitive rates and fees to stand out from the crowd.
- Peer to peer lender (P2P): New to Australia, peer to peer lending is a way for investors to connect with borrowers. The loans are usually unsecured with fixed interest rates and low fees with some even providing access to funds on the same day.Compare the best P2P deals on the market.
- Payday loans: These are short term personal loans offering instant small amounts of cash. While the money usually hits your account within 24hours, interest rates, fees and charges are sky high! Mozo does not deal with payday lenders. Familiarise yourself with the pros and cons of short term loans.
- Credit card: Pulling out the plastic is a convenient way of getting what you want then and there, be it a new laptop, a designer handbag or a much needed washing machine. As useful as they may be, credit cards do come with high interest rates and often have expensive annual fees. Compare over 150 credit cards to find the best deal on Mozo.
How quick is instant?
As fast as Usain Bolt over 100m? Not quite, but you can get a loan approved pretty quickly these days. Apply online with CUA for an unsecured personal loan and you’ll get a response in 30 seconds!
All thanks to the online world, applying for an instant personal loan couldn’t be easier and quicker. It can all be done from the comfort of your home as you rest your feet and let your fingers do the work. If you have the necessary paperwork ready, an online application can be approved in as little time as 90 minutes.
Same day funding
If you shop around you’ll find a lot of reputable lenders such as P2P lenders and banks offer same day funding! These loans work the same as a normal personal loan but you’ll have the funds sitting in your account a lot quicker. For example, if you apply for a same day personal loan before noon, Monday to Friday with the Commonwealth Bank and your application is approved you can have the funds the same day. Apply in-store with NAB by 2pm and you could walk away with the loan the very same day. You’ll have to do your research as some lenders only offer same day funding to existing customers.
Compare Mozo’s comprehensive list of personal loans to help you find one that suits you.
What you’ll need to speed up your approval
The more prepared you are the quicker the process will take when applying for an instant loan. Make sure you have all of the following documentation ready to upload so when you come to the final step you can click submit!
- Proof of identification: Some lenders require two forms of ID e.g. drivers licence, passport, birth certificate or Medicare card
- Proof of income: You will need to provide several of your most recent payslips; this proves to the lender you have a steady income to repay the loan. Or if you are self-employed some lenders will ask for your last two years’ tax return/financial statement and your last Tax Assessment Notice.
- Financial details: The lender will want to know and see copies of your full financial situation, including any assets, debts, credit cards and savings you might have.
If you are already an existing customer of the lender you may not have to supply all of the above documentation for same day funding.
Features to look for in any loan:
While an instant personal loan might sound quick and convenient you still need to take into consideration the following loan features. You might find a regular personal loan could suit your financial situation better.
Competitive rate – Shop around to find a low interest rate, every percent will count in the long run. You have the choice between a fixed or variable interest rate; read our guide on personal loans to learn about the pros and cons of each.
Extra repayments – Try and find a loan that won’t charge you for making extra repayments. You never know when you may find yourself with some extra cash that can be put towards the loan.
Low fees – Be aware, personal loans come with a fair share of fees e.g. upfront, ongoing, or early repayment fees. Try and find a lender that will exempt or keep these fees to a minimal.
Redraw facility – Once you've paid off a portion of your loan, you can draw that money back out again. This feature may be handy to have for when an unexpected bill or health issue pops up.
Repayments and how much can you borrow and for how long?
Most lenders allow you to borrow the same amount of money for a same day loan as a ‘normal’ personal loan. Usually the minimum amount is $2000 and the maximum can be anywhere up to $100,000 but it will all depend on what you can afford in repayments. How much you can borrow will also be determined by what type of loan you take out – a secured or unsecured loan. Repayments are based on the full amount of your loan, related fees, the loan term and interest rates. Use the Mozo repayment calculator to help figure out how much you can afford to repay each week, fortnight or month.
The term of your loan will again depend on your budget, what you need the loan for and what you can afford to repay each week, fortnight or month. Personal loans usually have a standard minimum term of 1 year with a maximum of seven to 10 years. Be aware, the longer the term of the loan, the more you will pay in interest.
Use the following Mozo calculators to help you figure out what you can afford to borrow:
General loan tips and traps
- Comparison Rate: Don’t forget to check out the comparison rate! This rate is inclusive of fees and charges as well as the interest rate, so it helps you calculate exactly what your repayments will be on the loan.
- Live Within Your Means: Only take out a loan that you are comfortable with. Don’t stretch your budget, it’s not worth it! You’ll end up paying more in charges than the loan itself when you fail to make repayments on time. Don’t forget to crunch some numbers into the Mozo repayment calculator.
- Secured vs Unsecured: There are pros and cons to each loan, which one you choose will depend on a number of factors including; the amount you want to borrow, duration of the loan, why you need the loan and if you have an asset to put up as security against the loan.
- Fast Cash Rates: Watch out, ‘payday loans’ or ‘cash loans’ have the highest interest rates on the market! They are also very addictive, causing borrowers to spiral into a big pile of debt.