"Can you book one room for my wife and the other for my girlfriend?” Strangest honeymoon requests revealed
The American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) has released some of the strangest requests its travel agents have received over the last year and unsurprisingly many of them were made by brides and grooms-to-be.
Jetsetting on your Honeymoon soon? Here are 6 travel hacks to help you save.
While the standard honeymoon trip includes massages by the beach, outdoor activities and plenty of cocktails, one husband-to-be had what we are sure is a one of a kind request - “Can you book two rooms in different parts of the resort—one for me and my wife, and the other for my girlfriend?” While another groom asked if the agent could plan a honeymoon that included both his bride and his mother.
ASTA President & CEO Zane Kerby, “it’s clear from the list of “strangest requests” that some travelers need a little more hand holding than others,” he said.
Here’s the full list of the strangest requests made in the past year, which ASTA promises is in no particular order:
1. Can you please book the honeymoon suite for us and another couple?
2. Can you please plan a honeymoon for me, my bride and my mother?
3. Can you guarantee that no pet has ever been in the hotel room?
4. Can I fish off of the cruise ship?
5. Do they speak English in Britain?
6. Can you book two rooms in different parts of the resort—one for me and my wife, and the other for my girlfriend?
7. Is our relationship like a client/lawyer relationship? (ASTA wonders if this is the same client who asked Question 6).
8. Does the crew actually sleep onboard the cruise ship?
9. Don’t tell my fiancé this is where I took my first wife for our honeymoon.
10. I would like to go somewhere where there are NOT a lot of men.
11. I’d like to meet Elvis.
12. I’d like to get married in the Caribbean on an island where the marriage is not legal in the U.S. (Again, we refer you to Question 6).
13. Will there be shadows on my face at 4 p.m. when the pictures are taken?
14. Will you watch my pet while I’m away?
15. Are there toll roads on the way to Hawaii?
16. How can I get to Europe without going by air or sea?
17. I’d like to visit Scotland and Denmark on the same trip. (Agent then tells client he does not have time in his schedule to travel the distance). But they’re only an inch apart on the map!
18. Can you set it up so that the whales jump in the background at the same time I’m proposing to my girlfriend?
19. Can you ask the airline to block the seat next to me so I can stretch out?
20. I don’t want a window seat on the plane because I just had my hair done.