How and where to save on back to school essentials
The back to school season can be a very expensive time. Having to replace outgrown or outworn uniforms and shoes, not to mention new school stationery and textbooks can really add up and cause a hole in your budget.
The good news is, Mozo is here to help you save with some tips on how to shop smarter.
Tips on how to save
- If possible, buy second hand. Lots of schools have second hand stores where you can buy pre owned uniforms and there are also shops that sell second hand textbooks.
- Do a stocktake of what you already have at home to make sure that you’re not buying items that you already have. It can be easy to forget about the extra blank notebooks or folders that you bought last year and haven’t used so make sure you have a look before buying new ones!
- Make a list of what you need and stick to it. It can be easy to get carried away when you’re surrounded by new exciting things but if you make a list, it can prevent you from buying things you don’t need.
- Research which shops are having sales and buy from those. Lots of retailers are having back to school sales at the moment so make sure you’re buying sale items to get the most bang for your buck.
- If you are in NSW, make sure that you take advantage of the government’s back to school vouchers. Find out more about the vouchers in our explainer.
Where to shop back to school items
Here are some retailers who sell back to school items including information about which ones will be having back to school sales so you can save money.
- Rebel Sport - Back to School sale from 9 January to 4 February and featuring deals such as school shoes from $49.99 for members
- City Beach - Back to School offer where you can get 20% off your first order until 5 February
- Rebel Sport - Featuring deals such as 30% off select backpacks
- JB Hi-Fi - Discounts on a range of items including laptops
- Bing Lee
- Harvey Norman
- The Good Guys - Deals on a range of Back to School essentials from 19 January to 1 February
- HP - Back to School sale from 9 January to 13 February featuring up to 35% discounts on select HP devices
For more online shopping tips and information on sales, check out our Online Shopping Hub.
Get Apple Macbook Air with M1 Chip from $1349
- Save on Apple MacBook Air with M1 chip with Apple's special prices for students
Get $300 off Lenovo Ideapad Flex 11.6 inch HD Chromebook 64GB at JB Hi-Fi
- Currently $300 off
Get $12 off Adidas Classic Badge of Sport Backpack at Rebel Sport
- Currently $12 off