How many of us have been in the situation where we’ve spent months planning a trip to the finest detail, thrilled at saving $100 on flights, 50% off accommodation and up to 70% off next season’s fashion, only to get home to a panoramic credit card bill or lonely planet sized bank statement full of overseas ATM fees, foreign currency purchase fees and foreign exchange surcharges?
In another Mozo first, Aussie travellers can now add money comparisons to the holiday planning checklist. Launched this week Mozo’s travel money hub, helps Australians planning on travelling or online overseas shopping to compare their travel money choices .
The hub contains everything you need for money savvy travel:
- Product comparison tables – compare prepaid travel cards, travel debit cards, travel credit cards and foreign exchange services on fees, features or exchange rates
- Foreign exchange converter – Australia’s only tool which crunches the numbers to tell you where you’ll get the best exchange rate.
- Debit card fee finding tool – how much will you be charged? Plug in your account and you’ll get a snapshot of the fees you’ll be charged overseas by your bank each time you make a withdrawal or purchase.
- Detailed product reviews of the top travel cards and accounts which are low on fees and big on travel extras such as the 28 Degrees Mastercard, Citibank Plus Transaction Account, American Express GlobalTravel Card and NAB Gold Banking.
- The Mozo guide to jetset spending runs through the pros and cons of each of your overseas spending choices providing handy tips to help you avoid post holiday money blues.
Don’t get caught out with high fees and crappy exchange rates on your next holiday – jet over to the Mozo Travel Money Hub and trade in those nasty fees for an extra mango dacquiri by the pool!